GS1200 ignition problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FortyZA

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi Guys,

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulled the GS out the garage this morning and put my kit on to go for the Touratech day ride and when I turned the ignition switch nothing happened. Removed the seat and put a multi meter on the battery, 12.55 volts. So the problem me thinks is not the battery. If you turn the ignition switch back and forth the LCD didplay lights up and goes off again but no ignition lights or any power to the servo and so forth.

I remember someone had similar problems but after a search on this forum, I cannot find the thread. Maybe when we switched over servers, some of the information was lost or something. I am pissed off at this point in time but need to get this matter sorted out fast.

Any well constructive information, feedback would be appreciated. This happened to ma mate of mine but he cannot remember what the problem was. I would hate this to happen if I am out on a ride in the bush and cannot get out and a recovery vehicle cannot get there due to the terain we are riding.