Thinking of a smaller bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
We all are getting older and some of us were never quite riding gods or as in my case some of us are a bit vertically challenged.

I started riding in 2009, got a XT660R, great bike, but as I was riding 2 up a lot, maybe a bit underpowered. From there I bought a new KTM 990 adventure and sold my XT, all still in 2009.

I loved that bike and put on 100 000 trouble free KM that took me everywhere. Sand (Namibia), mud (Lesotho), dirt (Karoo), mountains, snow and more places that I ever thought I could go.

Two or 3 years ago I replaced it with a 2011 GS1200 as I thought I wanted to take it easier. It is a wonderful bike, I love the low-down torque, and better fuel economy. However, I am finding it not so agile, and it feels big.

I have just done Baviaans, Die Hell, Swartberg, Gamkaskloof Dam, Cederburg (multi times), Tankwa and more on a solo ride. It goes very well, yet I feel maybe I should get something lighter.

What I want I do not think exists, so the closes I can get. To me it must be close to 100kg, 21” front wheel, tubeless, as much power as the KTM (I know this one is impossible), have strong low down torque, be able to maintain free-way speed, have a fuel range of 300km and be reliable.

Some may say I have just described a few different bikes, and you cannot get all this in one bike.

My question is what bike out there can do most of these?