FIREBLADE AND THE ARGENTINEAN TANGO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireblade

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I had to post this as a new topic since Stuyvesant called me a "poef" for wanting to take in a tango, and we need to set the record straight here. If any of you guys have seen the red dresses and fishnet stockings that go with the tango you'll know why I wanted to stay in Buenos Aires another night.

The trip with Stuyvesant was unforgettable, and I can see from all the forum friends that we need to post some pics, and quickly too.

The first couple of days were really uneventful, collecting the bikes from Mariano was pretty exciting and he must have warned us 10 times about how dangerous the drivers in South America are, he eventually shut up about it after we told him how we have Hiace taxis with 23 people that can lap Killarney in 1m. 16 s, without a steering wheel.

leaving Buenos Aires and heading West towards Mendoza. Stuyvesant and I were like 2 children, all fired up and excited, talking so much crap through our intercoms that at one stage Stuyvesant says he could'nt see through his visor cos he was crying so much with laughter.

All tarred roads through to the big industrial town of Mendoza, pretty ugly place really, and on to our first night on road, where we stopped at an amazing little town called San Julian, very simlilar to Stellenbosch, only much smaller, all cobbled roads and trees, with the customary "plaza" in the centre of town. Very friendly people here, asked a guy where the nearest hotel was and he told us to follow him, which we did, to the other side of town! He runs into the hotel to arrange rooms for us, only to be told they're full. "No problemo" he says, and we follow him again to another hotel, where he arranges rooms and negotiates rates for us??? Either very polite or he really liked Stuyvesant's hairstyle!

Ok then, part 3 to follow soon, maybe a joint effort between myself and Stuyvesant. Very tired now, left Cape Town on the GS this afternoon and just got to Mossel Bay, through gale force winds and pouring rain, in Knysna tomorrow for work then straight home. Please God let the weather improve.