Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 0 to 100km/h  (Read 1101 times)

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
0 to 100km/h
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:51:26 am »
Some useless info stolen from TB. If this info is correct, the HP2 is a hellova quick dirtbike. The fastest supercar in that acceleration will cost more than R2milj. And we get better and more fun for less than R140 000. Now moan again that a HP2 is expensive. :twisted:  :lol:

Should the KLR not be in here somewhere? :wink:

1. BMW K1200R 3.1
Suzuki GSX-R1000 3.1
2. BMW K1200S 3.15
BMW R1200S 3.15
3. BMW HP2 Enduro 3.2
Kawasaki ZX-14 3.2
Suzuki GSX1300R 3.2
4. BMW R1200ST 3.3
Honda CBR1000RR 3.3
MV Agusta F4 1000R 3.3
Yamaha YZF-R1 3.3
5. Kawasaki zx-10R 3.4
KTM SuperDuke 3.4
Triumph Rocket III 3.4
Triumph Sprint ST 1050 3.4
6. BMW R1200RT 3.5
Ducati 749R 3.5
Honda CBR600RR 3.5
Kawasaki ZX-6R 3.5
7. Aprilia RSV 1000R 3.6
Yamaha YZF-R6 3.6
8. Susuki GSX-R600 3.7
9. Buell XB12X 3.8
Harley Street Rod 3.8

Offline Leo

0 to 100km/h
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 02:46:33 pm »
Quite a lot of BMW's up there at the top  :wink:

........would never have thought  :oops:

I guess we can then quite rightfully say the Hp2 Megamoto will be right up there at the top somewhere  :roll:

R1200S............ impressive  8)
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline tsiklonaut

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1100GS
    • Ühel Teljel Ümber Planeedi
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 04:35:55 pm »
Wholly molly sheet :shock: as Leo says, didn't expect RT and K1200R in that kind of list.

... and HP2 kicking the most sportsbikes, R1s, CBR-RRs, Hayabusas, ZXRs?! Oops... :roll:

Hmm... I wonder if the SuperEnduro would be somewhere 3.5-3.7sec if the 17" street SuperDuke does 3.4?

And this list also shows the R1200S is an amazing beasty twin!

And i didn't expect that spot from the hyper hyped RSV-R  :?
Horsepower
is an illusory
Mathematical equation
Torque
is the source of all Good things in the world

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 07:12:04 pm »
Quote from: "Leo"
Quite a lot of BMW's up there at the top  :wink:

........would never have thought  :oops:

I guess we can then quite rightfully say the Hp2 Megamoto will be right up there at the top somewhere  :roll:

R1200S............ impressive  8)

Remember just one point, its a lot easier putting the power down on some of the BMW,s (ignore a few others there like the Suzi) getting difficult power down, is an issue and the lower weight is helpful, I love 0 to 100km/h but in real life post 100 a wipe out, but excellent big eyes till then.
I think da biggest fun is going round the outside of them in a tight off ramp etc, cos 1/2 of them can,t ride.

Welsh  :D  8)
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 08:45:32 pm »
Quote from: "African Welsh"
I think da biggest fun is going round the outside of them in a tight off ramp etc, cos 1/2 of them can,t ride.

amen and amen

damn squids know only how to point and shoot but their cornering is just shite! i was really surprised.

why is it so? is it cos the bikes are hard to corner or is it that they are just shite riders?

Offline Leon H

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 06:57:11 am »
Quote from: "Lito"
Quote from: "African Welsh"

amen and amen

damn squids know only how to point and shoot but their cornering is just shite! i was really surprised.

why is it so? is it cos the bikes are hard to corner or is it that they are just shite riders?

They are just shite riders.....

Around here everyone thinks that when you buy a 1000cc sportsbike you automatically get the skillz to ride like a world champ.  I do enjoy pasting them round the outside on a  fully laden BMW covered in mud wearing motocross gear - they won't even make eye contact at the next stop :lol:

In addition to my normal job I do road race / road bike performance instruction for a large Australian rider training company.  It's funny, the dudes who turn up to do the training and admit they ain't that quick round the corners, are normally about 1000 times better than most clowns you see on the road.  I suppose the dudes who do realise the need for training are constantly thinking about their riding and trying to improve, but the dudes who don't show already think they have all the skills.......

.......around here sports bikes have become a fashion accessory, and it seems no one is interested in the proper "biking" style of us DS types.  They don't watch the racing, they don't maintain their bikes, they can't ride, they never go to the race track, rarely even ride out of town, they just ride to the pub and pose.  It really is giving riders a bad name around here too as they die in droves on the roads, and act like idiots in the city, and we all unfortunately get tarred with the same brush and have to pay more rego and insurance to pay for their inexperience and ignorance.......

.........man I'm glad I've got a DS so I can get away from those types :evil:  :twisted:

There it's all off my chest, rant over. :)
"I see a boundary, I eat a boundary...and wash it down with a cup of hot steaming rules!"

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 08:47:39 am »
What scares the hell out of me is that any Tom, Dick or Harry or Sally can walk into a shop and buy a bike capable of 280km/h plus, no special training needed or offered, bear requirements of helmet and jacket maybe sold with the bike.
I think alot more lives would be saved if 2x track days/riding skills course was offered with these bikes. The cost can be built into the overall cost etc. Atleast then a person who hasn't riden for a long time can get some expert knowledge on how these bikes can be riden, how to slow down in an emergence ( when doing 200km/h plus ) etc.
Theres a rider in my area with a Honda Fireblade, straight line racer but when he gets to the corners the cars start hooting at him to get out the way........

just my 2c worth

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 08:53:58 am »
I agree with Leon H's sentiments 100%

Interesting list BTW

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
Re: 0 to 100km/h
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 09:29:09 am »
Where as these figures from?

I am not sure they are accurate hence the question.
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 09:45:29 am »
I have to echo Mark H's sentiments.

Me and the GF took a ride yesterday from Stellenbosch to Gordonsbay, Kleinmond, Grabouw, Elgin, Franschoek, and home - a classic Sunday morning ride for the biking brigade in Cape Town.
And what amazed me whas the level of ignorance and arrogance shown by the majority of bikers. By bikers I include soopabikers, as well as DS riders.
While drinking coffee in Rooi-els at a popular biking pub, I had a chance to observe these guys. And without exception, all the guys without decent gear behaved like moegoes, and revved their bikes before screaming down the road after they've finished their drinks.
The guys with decent gear were the guys behaving civilised.
I guess it shows the character needed to control yur behaviour, as much as the character needed to control the impulse to open up the throttle.

I sometimes am ashamed to be called a biker.

These cowboys need to catch a wake-up call and realise that people dont think: "ooh wow, he can ride!" when he tears down a residential street at 140km/h. They think: "what an ignorant, dangerous asshole"

:?  :?
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Leon H

• Pack Dog
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:55 am »
What really fries me with these a-holes (my bro in law is one), is that they are all mouth about how tops and how fast they are and how good their bike is, you say to them "ok then come out to the race track and let's see what you've got", and they make every excuse under the sun not to, as they will be showed up as useless hopeless bastards.  I have done many, many track days as part of race training and through work, and I have never, ever seen a Hayabusa outside of the slow group, says it all really.  It makes my blood boil when they come out to watch the racing, and they walk through the pits and say shit like "My bike is better, I would beat you under brakes, you guys are slow etc etc, I would be better", after you actually won the bloody race and set a track record, not to mention put on a show for these pricks entertainment.  I'm really hijacking this thread with my boundless rage and hatred :evil:  let's get back on track........

...........interesting how only 0.7 seconds covers the top 10.  I wonder if it was all the same rider on the same strip on the same day?  Those figures would indicate it probably was - would have been good to hear the testing, some sweet sounds there for sure :D
"I see a boundary, I eat a boundary...and wash it down with a cup of hot steaming rules!"

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 09:57:51 am »
Quote from: "Leon H"
What really fries me with these a-holes (my bro in law is one), is that they are all mouth about how tops and how fast they are and how good their bike is, you say to them "ok then come out to the race track and let's see what you've got", and they make every excuse under the sun not to, as they will be showed up as useless hopeless bastards.  I have done many, many track days as part of race training and through work, and I have never, ever seen a Hayabusa outside of the slow group, says it all really.  It makes my blood boil when they come out to watch the racing, and they walk through the pits and say shit like "My bike is better, I would beat you under brakes, you guys are slow etc etc, I would be better", after you actually won the bloody race and set a track record, not to mention put on a show for these pricks entertainment.  I'm really hijacking this thread with my boundless rage and hatred :evil:  let's get back on track........

...........interesting how only 0.7 seconds covers the top 10.  I wonder if it was all the same rider on the same strip on the same day?  Those figures would indicate it probably was - would have been good to hear the testing, some sweet sounds there for sure :D

Seems squids are the same the world over  :roll:
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 10:53:27 am »
and for those too ashamed to ask:

Squid = Seriously Quick Imminently Dead

Offline Stephan

• Race Dog
  • bwk
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 03:29:44 pm »
Have to agree with Kaboef, had the dubious pleasure on Sunday at a venue near Magaliesburg, where the I saw the same thing, "bikers" not dressed properly were misbehaving, doing burnouts/doughnuts and screaming down the road, the guys and gals properly dressed all behaved like normal human beings.  These guys seem to think that owning a bike constitutes a license to be obnoxious and disregard other people's right to enjoy the environment.  

Apologies but they get my back up and I encounter a number of them every day on the road between home and work.   :oops:
Hard reality does not often coincide with the people's wishes - Nelson Mandela

Offline tsiklonaut

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1100GS
    • Ühel Teljel Ümber Planeedi
0 to 100km/h
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 03:40:33 pm »
Yep, i never have found any serious practical need for a high compression I4 engined sportsbikes after owning one and tryed others. They start to breathe and really work over 150kph and then the headwind is strong enough to take away the bodypressure from your arms. They have almost ZERO low rpm torque making them a way too sporty and pain in the ass to ride in everyday conditions, not counting the "ass-up" seating position in the city traffic.

Only good for sunday's racetracks or autobahns. Other than that they are rather a strict Rossi wannabee poseur bikes...  :roll:

Bottom line: get a way more practical twin!  :twisted:
Horsepower
is an illusory
Mathematical equation
Torque
is the source of all Good things in the world

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 03:46:50 pm »
Quote from: "Ollypiel"

I would also like to know that... they're a little hard to believe

Offline KTM BIGGER

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • SAB Goblin 700
    • http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 03:54:07 pm »
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
Quote from: "Ollypiel"

I would also like to know that... they're a little hard to believe

THUMB SUCKING!!!!

That is where they got it!!!

Offline Grootseun

0 to 100km/h
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 04:05:57 pm »
60% of Statistics are made up on the spot... :D  :D

Oppad

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 04:31:58 pm »
Quote from: "michnus"

Should the KLR not be in here somewhere? :wink:

ag Michnus you couldnt resist, klapping the Jaagmasjien could you? OK, at 5,6 sec the KLR is admittedly hondstadig, but all is relative of course. For instance the entry level Porsche Boxter and Cayman will only do it in 6,1 sec

(ok, the 911 Turbo will do it in 3,9)

Now at R39 900 and it can go on the dirt...