Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Are You SURE you want to keep your BMW 800GS?????  (Read 5758 times)

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Ride to ride again
Re: Are You SURE you want to keep your BMW 800GS?????
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2009, 08:51:12 am »
Without knocking anybodies riding skills or the bikes they ride.....

In my 34 years of riding I have come across many riders that can't adjust their riding style to the bike they ride. Skill means sweet blowall if you can't handle a different bike than the one you are used riding.

In short, in plain english, you dont screw a hooker the same way you screw your wife or g/f
Gewoontlik n@@i ek reguit aan op fyndraai.

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Matchless (all models)
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2009, 08:54:15 am »
Michnus, I ride a lot of bikes, and love each one for it's own unique abilities... and how they mesh to what I can do well, and how they give me confidence to do better with my not-so-good abilities... I'm constantly in a state of improvement and want to keep that going...

My personality has a terrible flaw/awesome ability... I'm flippin competitive... mostly with myself, but I'll try give anyone what-for if I get a chance... so, I need more bikes in the garage.  I'm down to one now, but will have 3 soon enough...

And I don't fall over often...  :biggrin:
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline Lotus

• Puppy
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2009, 08:56:53 am »
I thought that the new TA with its 19 inch front wheel will be a problem of the road and after going to the Honda Academy I realized that the instructor from Honda will probably make a GSXR look good in thick sand.Its all about the rider

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Matchless (all models)
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2009, 08:59:20 am »
None of us dispute Hoofseun's abilities.. he is exceptional!  :thumleft:

One day when I grow up, I wanna ride like that!   :biggrin:
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2009, 09:58:23 am »
Eish whats up with the Capies ??? Showing zap signs and wearing Knee Guards on the outside of their brooks ::) Or are they used when they are grovelling at home on their knees to go on a ride :dousing:

you know here in slaapstad we do everything backwards  :P

we are lazy buggers and here is another one for you for free   >:D

:middlefinger:

Offline plonker

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009, 10:09:26 am »
Without knocking anybodies riding skills or the bikes they ride.....

In my 34 years of riding I have come across many riders that can't adjust their riding style to the bike they ride. Skill means sweet blowall if you can't handle a different bike than the one you are used riding.

In short, in plain english, you dont screw a hooker the same way you screw your wife or g/f

Especially not in thick sand :o

Offline plonker

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2009, 10:13:35 am »
Why don't we phone Ray from Cytech,he will know if it's a good bike. :imaposer:

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:29 pm »
Is that guy showing the middlefingers Bobnob. You are an ugly @*$%...  :pot: No, seriously, weird that you have some perception of the forum guys and when you actually meet them or see them on a picture, it is totally not what you imagined.
Bobnob, if that is you, I always imagined you to be a very old guy with grey hair, riding like a woosy.. :ricky:
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009, 01:11:59 pm »

Bobnob, if that is you, I always imagined you to be a very old guy with grey hair, riding like a woosy.. :ricky:

Careful... He's a mean mother... and your imagination about the age and hair was wrong ;D

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2009, 01:21:45 pm »
Is that guy showing the middlefingers Bobnob. You are an ugly @*$%...  :pot: No, seriously, weird that you have some perception of the forum guys and when you actually meet them or see them on a picture, it is totally not what you imagined.

:la:

if i had a pint of oil for every time someone said they thought that i was an old codger i would have had enough oil to supply all the klr owners on the forum  ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:22:23 pm by the_BOBNOB »

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2009, 01:31:17 pm »
Blazes, you only ride with noobs and gurls,,, so the 800 would look inferior  :deal:
Actually Smithey i ride with a lot of Hard Core Non Forum Mmebers ive ridden with for the past 30 years.
Never post those rides as they are not Forum related and we are just having fun and no need to take pics. The only ones you see is of the noobs and girls.
Hell and i must say that many of the girls on this Forum as well as the others i belong to will kick many a guy on this forums Arse.

I know oom  :ricky:

Especially the girl thing  :thumleft:

Offline Hentie @ Riders

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2009, 01:37:06 pm »
Ok ek het maar uit die fight gebly omdat ek 'n dealer is  :peepwall: maar een ding wat ek kan se is ek sal op 'n 800 enige plek ry waar jy met jou Dakar ry Blazes  :mwink:  :mwink:

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2009, 01:39:39 pm »
Ok ek het maar uit die fight gebly omdat ek 'n dealer is  :peepwall: maar een ding wat ek kan se is ek sal op 'n 800 enige plek ry waar jy met jou Dakar ry Blazes  :mwink:  :mwink:

so hentie indirectly your saying that you are a much better rider than blazes seeing that you can ride a "lewens-gevaarlike" bike anywhere he cant ???

:peepwall:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2009, 01:40:44 pm »
Eish whats up with the Capies ??? Showing zap signs and wearing Knee Guards on the outside of their brooks ::) Or are they used when they are grovelling at home on their knees to go on a ride :dousing:

you know here in slaapstad we do everything backwards  :P

we are lazy buggers and here is another one for you for free   >:D

:middlefinger:
Lyk my Jy is te lui om jou eie finger te gebruik---Is that your gardeners finger you using ???
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2009, 01:44:15 pm »
Glad to hear from you Hentie Ek ook. ::)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Hentie @ Riders

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2009, 01:50:24 pm »

so hentie indirectly your saying that you are a much better rider than blazes seeing that you can ride a "lewens-gevaarlike" bike anywhere he cant ???

:peepwall:
Bobnob enige aap sal in dik sand val as sy bike pad bande op het  >:D en ja ek het al met 'n 800 gery waar mens skaars kan loop en in dik sand,miskien is my 800 anders want hy val nie net om nie  :biggrin:   :ricky:

Offline DeonDj

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Bethlehem
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2009, 01:55:45 pm »
Probleem met die "3" ouens wat die swak ervaring gehad het was elke keer as hulle val dan verkoop hulle hulle bikes, wonder of daar nog enigsens brands oor is wat hulle nog nie meer geval het nie, hel as ek elke keer as ek geval het my bike moes verkoop dan was ek al 3 keer deur die brands, mense as jy bike ry val jy so nou en dan om, ek herhaal, MENSE AS JY DS BIKES RY DAN VAL JY SO NOU EN DAN OM, DIT IS WAT DIT AVONTUUR BIKING NOEM, mag dit in eerste wees op sand/modder of op 100 op die grondpad dat jy 'n ginekeloog moet gaan sien.... :pot:, as jy nie wil val nie gaan na die game arcade en gaan ry een van daai speedbike goeters waar jy 'n coin ingooi....., dis nie 'n skande om so nou en dan te val nie, maar moet dit net nie 'n gewoonte maak nie....
The bike is just a blank page, the rider is the writer, the road is the ink....

Offline Oupa Foe-rie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Oom Foe-rie was hacked by a Mod.
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2009, 02:00:03 pm »
as jy nie wil val nie gaan na die game arcade en gaan ry een van daai speedbike goeters waar jy 'n coin ingooi....., dis nie 'n skande om so nou en dan te val nie, maar moet dit net nie 'n gewoonte maak nie....

............ en wat doen jy  ??? ..................... leen by Hentie n bike en val jou moertoe  :pot: :laughing4: :peepwall:
Yamaha XT1200Z ........... Take your soul everywhere and back

Offline umshiniwam

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2009, 02:00:45 pm »
Wow, those BMW GPS drawing clips are cool.

The bikes used to produce those must have modified suspensions  >:D.

As kak praat gras was was baie van die forum ouens al deur 'n donkie se hol....

Hierdie ouens kannie bike ry nie man....

Ek het self al daai 800 offroad gevat en hy loop soos 'n droom.... baie beter as meeste 650s..... jy het net balls nodig vir daai throttle....  :ricky:

'n Paar videos om te bewys die ouens praat kak...

&feature=related

Ek laaik veral die laaste twee want 'n GS kan mos nie in sand ry nie  >:D

&feature=related

&feature=related

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2009, 02:02:31 pm »

If he had to show Blazes that finger to his face, he would suit the imagined description.....
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!