Family rides

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Since we got back from December holiday, we needed to catch up on some riding. Good time has been spent in the valley with good friends, but the last 2 weekends however was a family affair. 8)

Last weekend, friend H and me decided to take the wives for a little ride. The route was not really planned, but ended up going N3 to Umlaas Road, through to Richmond, then Hela Hela to Bulwer where we had brekkie at the Nip Inn. Then to Lions River and through Karkloof towards New Hanover and PMB, back home.

Route map:

ride.jpg

Stop at Umkomaas river bridge

Jan003.jpg

Picnic (Water): :roll:

Jan008.jpg

Best part of 400 km, mostly dirt road and enjoyed by all - lekker trip! :D :)

Today it was the boys' turn and we took the laaities for a ride in the valley. The 3 of them, 1 mine (Pit Boss), H's - Honda kwat, Friend - small kwat and me and H again.

Apologies for poor pics - cell phone was only working camera.... :?

H's wife took all the kiddies bikes on the trailer, we followed on the big 9's and offloaded at the end of the tar.
First rode to the waterfall - flowing quite nicely....

Image015.jpg

Then some tracks - mud everywhere from the recent rain, this was some proper stuff. :shock: Some assistance from the DADs.

Image017.jpg

Will they believe that we went off-road? :D

Image019.jpg

Enjoying the ride guys? :)

Image020.jpg

Nearly there!

Image021.jpg

Phoned for the trailer again near the end, and the fast ones were all loaded again. Stopped at the filling station for a well deserved energy bar and cooldrink. Life is great!! :)