Is a KTM/BMW/YAMMIE etc just a p#%@s extension for traveling africa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert dueler

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
OK OK OK OK dont shoot me for this, , or tear me apart like you did with LX and his "friend", i am just taking the piss and I would not personally do it this way, i know your  KTM/BMW/YAMMIE etc (ESSPECIALLY a KLR 650) is the best and safest and more reliable to go onbut if you short of cash....

sho sho sho, now that that is out of the waym, damn you guys will lynch a man for anything....  :violent5:

these two Austrians just rocked up in Cape Town on these bikes. They bought them in Togo and drove down on them. they are chinese bikes called HAOJUE HJ125, now the best thing about this bike is that it comes with an alarm!!!! kiff my bru! now these things are cheap as chips so why the hell dont other more expensive brands come with this alarm! just touch the bike and the alarm goes off.

the worst thing that went wrong on their trip down was the exhaust that needed to be welded (not my welding so dont judge, you know who you are.)
the dude tuned that all they did when they got stuck was stand up and give gas.
the worst they came across was in the Nigeria they came to a road block and the soldiers tuned they could carry on but there have been some killings a few days earlier or they can put their bikes in the APC and get transported for free 100 clicks down the road. so they took that option.

they stayed in local villages, paid the chief when they pulled in, between 5 and 20 dollars and then there was the normal bribary that goes with it all.

they did not come through Angola as they could not get a visa but i think the trip they did is awesome and i recon my KLR will wet itself in enjoyment when i ride her on this route one day!

so these dude have gone back to Austria, I bought the one bike for 1300 ronts. they have 10300 km on the clock. going to flog it off to some malawians i know!

so i thought i would share this with you guys, remember, dont judge me, im only sharing!  :mwink:

Attachments

• BIKE 1.JPG
    BIKE 1.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 378
  • bike 2.JPG
    bike 2.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 381
  • EXHAUST WELD.JPG
    EXHAUST WELD.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 378
  • bike 4.JPG
    bike 4.JPG