Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Vuka bankrupt?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
Vuka bankrupt?
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:32 pm »
I read in the TygerBurger today that theft of Vukas are on the increase due to parts scarcity after the company went belly up. Can anyone confirm this?

Where will we get good rainsuits now  :imaposer:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Cacher

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
Re: Vuka bankrupt?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:28:31 pm »
First I hear about it, but when I tried their website now, it just showed:

"Domain has been placed on hold"

Offline Fugly

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:31:49 pm »
I read in the TygerBurger today that theft of Vukas are on the increase due to parts scarcity after the company went belly up. Can anyone confirm this?

Where will we get good rainsuits now  :imaposer:

I am not surprised at the price you pay for these things! WTF were they thinking!! Took them a while to realise you can't sell a pretty looking but otherwise crap i will break product and make money on it.

Hmmmm guess someone may have forgotten to tell the franchise holders :peepwall:

Then again, this is just rantings of an insane, mentally unstable, drunken WD  ;D
Don’t worry about things that aren’t, worry about things that are and your decisions are so much easier to make!

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »
Yup. Previous company was their media agency and they have indeed closed their doors. A few months ago already. Rumour has it they are now under Jonway.
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »
gomoto
vuka

all bought over by jonway

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 08:23:37 pm »
Don’t know why the Vuka owners fear they won’t get spares as Jonway is the exact same product…… and it remain the same ‘made in china keep in a cool place’ products.  :imaposer:

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »
What does one expect if rubbish like this is sold in a country where japanese bikes and some europen bikes have always been top sellers.
I hope that all the other shit brands like Conti that retailers  :eek7:are selling to make a quick buck will also fall by the wayside and cause the importers of that shit to go belly up in order to protect some of our very naive and non bikewise members of the public against these cheap excuses for a motorcycle.
I always wonder who the F%CK allows this rubbish into the country and what standards are there to regulate this shit from hitting our shores and shelves.
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 08:55:48 pm »
I was having a conversation with one of the American soldiers over here and he said that they refer to the Chinese import bikes as ‘disposable bikes’  :imaposer:

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 08:59:29 pm »
Vuka is oorgeneem deur Southern African Motorcycles (ook bekend as SAM), verspreiders van Jonway, Bajaj, Gomoto, Bashan, Reagal Raptor – en nou ook Vuka.

Offline Runner

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • Willearea
    • Off Road Cycles
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 08:59:58 pm »
OFF ROAD CYCLES:
012 333 6443/087 808 3649/ 087 808 3650
WhattApp 082 823 4714 | info@offroadcycles.co.za
22 Blesbok Ave, Koedoespoort Industrial, Pretoria.

Offline Kaptein Bos

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 09:06:36 pm »
Uhm this is still Africa and you will always find crap in the market... Cars, bikes, tools, equipment, toys etc etc etc...  If we had no crime and poverty I'd say yay!  Stop tha farkers!  But sadly and realistically most Europeans have only heard of SA. If they have...  So just accept that 3d world will always be a dumping ground. Even if we have 1st world toll gates and smoking laws... 

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:06:17 pm »
man i have never seen so many moaning bitches with the golden spoon stuck firmly up their back sides ???

have any of you been in africa ???

nigeria - lagos
dar es salam
etc

there all you see is these cheap sh*t bikes - and they run the entire economy

lagos is so grid locked that people use these cheap bikes as taxis

you call it cheap sh*t i call it freedom to people that cant afford 160k for gsa  :deal:

n[]va got 30 000km out of his cheap ass disposable bike  :thumleft:

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:07:21 pm by the_BOBNOB »

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 10:18:38 pm »
I agree B_N

Ever notice how many Vukas there are out there? I'll bet they are more common than GS's! Every 2nd person has one. I for one would like to know what their market share is.

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 10:22:41 pm »
Well well...

Within three years of its introduction to the South African market, the national scooter and motorbike retailer Vuka Scuta has captured the attention of the local commuter market as well as an impressive 20% market share in the motorbike industry.  According to the latest statistics based on new vehicle registrations for 2008, Vuka dominated the market with almost double the sales of their closest competitors.  

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:25:52 pm by Trailrider »

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 10:28:32 pm »
what is wrong is the fly-by-night nature of the operators

they are in it for the quick buck - sell the bikes and get out

now there are lots of people up the creek without a paddle - in terms of warranty and spares

i expected this from way back

there were just to many vuka agents

like all bike dealers there is only so many clients - you cant have 16 vuka dealers or however many in the greater cape town area

there was one on every street corner  :-\

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 10:32:11 pm »

now there are lots of people up the creek without a paddle - in terms of warranty and spares

Not true.

SAM will honor all warrantees and are stocking selected Vuka shops with parts etc. The Vuka owners are better off now if anything. Also those shops now offer a much wider selection of bikes.

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 10:37:21 pm »

Not true.

SAM will honor all warrantees and are stocking selected Vuka shops with parts etc. The Vuka owners are better off now if anything. Also those shops now offer a much wider selection of bikes.

good to know  :thumleft:

if there is one thing that really pisses me off is people that want to make a quick buck of people that cant afford it  >:(

people look down at these bikes as cheap but that person might have had to save for months and months to be able to afford it - and that cheap wheels give them freedom from public transport and taxis  :thumleft:

:ricky:

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 10:57:55 pm »
"What happen!!? Someone set up us the bomb!! We get signal. All your base are belong to us!!!"

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 11:09:51 pm »
Bobnob

It is not about the affordability of the bike or the people that own, owned and ride them.
It is about the shit quality of the chinese bikes in general,including the Vuka.
The reason so many people buy them is two fold firstly affordability and secondly ignorance for lack of a better word.

Thing is, price unfortunately is the key dictator, and what does China do,well thay can make them for next to nothing.

Speak to Mr Puzey and he will tell you that the bike he is selling that is made in China is anything but Chinese as he is the quality controller and special developer.
You can spot the chinese rubbish a mile away.
If aChinese bike can do 20 000km then the Japanese bike can do ten times that.
Go and drive the most expensive GWM motor vehicle and then the cheapest Japanese made Toyota and you tell me that the Chinese product is nearly as good,I dont think so.    O0 :thumleft:
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 11:15:20 pm »
Bobnob

It is not about the affordability of the bike or the people that own, owned and ride them.
It is about the shit quality of the chinese bikes in general,including the Vuka.
The reason so many people buy them is two fold firstly affordability and secondly ignorance for lack of a better word.

Thing is, price unfortunately is the key dictator, and what does China do,well thay can make them for next to nothing.

Speak to Mr Puzey and he will tell you that the bike he is selling that is made in China is anything but Chinese as he is the quality controller and special developer.
You can spot the chinese rubbish a mile away.
If aChinese bike can do 20 000km then the Japanese bike can do ten times that.
Go and drive the most expensive GWM motor vehicle and then the cheapest Japanese made Toyota and you tell me that the Chinese product is nearly as good,I dont think so.    O0 :thumleft:

yes and no

if a chinese bike can do 20k the jap bike will do 200k

but you can replace the entire cheap bikes motor for the price of a service on a jap bike

sure they break more often - sure they wont last as long

its all about capital outlay at the start - and if you only have 8k you only have 8k

and no dont say buy a 20 year old jap bike