The Reluctant GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Firstly, no offence to anyone riding a GS. Some of my best friends do. So no harm to anyone.

Here's the background, a couple of weeks ago, we set out to do the Ben10 over a long weekend in September.
Bad fortune hit me hard. See this post and I lost my bike on the way to the mountains of the Eastern Cape - Unlucky me and my ATAS.

The story of the Reluctant GS started in Burgersdorp.
After our little trailer mishap, we went to the local bike mechanic to get his thoughts on how bad the damage was.

All agreed, no chance of riding and my chance of getting on a bike became very slim.
Until one of my friends asked if he didn't know of any bike that was for sale. Here is where our luck turned (slightly) and we stumbled on a local man selling his precious 2009 R1200 GS.
After a decent inspection, the call was made and we left Burgersdorp with a GS which I used to do (try to do, more on this later) the Ben10.

R1200 GS.jpeg

The GS exceeded my expectations and was a surprisingly good ride!
Worth mentioning, a callout or thank you, to the previous (unknown) owners (two from what we gathered) for keeping the GS in such good condition.

Watch this space, once we get the GS to Cape Town it might see the For Sale Thread if one of our mates doesn't decide to buy it.