How to recover a Sofa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieterj

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Unfortunately (or fortunately) no cameras were around to for today?s excursion.

The day started well. HHHusky and I met at about 06h45 and roosted east for a while, exploring the dirt roads, tracks, paths, and then ran out of the above and only had veld. Stopped for a braek and carried on on our adventures. 8)

Just after we had agreed to call it a morning and head for the Riverside to have breakfast, a rocky path beckoned and we went up it (how do they do it?) :?: . This is the same path featured in the ?carnage? section of the Noob ride from hell ? except we went the other way. Up was OK, except the Sofa on road tyres seemed to prefer going up next to the track as opposed to on it ? and who am I to argue :shaking2: . Down was a more inelegant method of locking up back-brakes (sea-anchor on the highveld style), balancing by sphincter, and hoping HHHusky didn?t try to overtake. We made it. Less said the better :hello1: .

Then the Sofa, obviously miffed about the detour after having been promised breakfast, decided to engage clutch on the fly ? never to let go. I had seven neutrals, only one of which showed a light on the cluster. No amount of clever ideas made the Sofa move (sulky, that one) :evil: . Eventually we had to make the dreaded call to Mrs HHHusky who without any disparaging remarks came to the rescue (impressive!) :thumbright: . The sofa was towed to the Menlyn BMW guys who will no doubt phone me with a damage report tomorrow :evil: :evil: :evil: .

So in short, tools needed when recovering a Sofa:
1 x Cellphone :oops:
2 x Bewildered DS riders wondering why life is not fair :scratch: :dontknow:
1 x Mrs HHHusky with Pajero :iroc:
1 x Towrope (duh!) :cussing:
1 x Digital Camera (NOT!)

Or, if you are experienced (as we no doubt will be from now on), only 1 x Towrope. So you bloody well learn! :banghead:

The only thing left to do is to don helmet, gloves, elbow guards, shoulder guards, back protector and gum guard, and then go and ask the bank manager for money to get the Sofa back!
:whdat: