Rage towards bikers. Time for reflection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ama ride ride

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Very few things get bikers panties in knots like road rage against fellow bikers. But I honestly think it’s time for us to do some hard thinking

I have seen what road rage can do to people. I have picked up the human pieces of a road raged biker from the N2 near the Still bay turnoff. To prevent Easter traffic riding over it. He head butted a truck trying to catch an idiot in a M3.  I stood crying at a funeral of a good friend lost due to road rage. Guy and his GF had a fight. He took his anger out on the easiest target. And I had talked and encourage other friend in a coma who passed away after 3 months. He never woke. (The "I did not see him" incident)

So don’t say I do not know what I am talking about.

Now let’s gather some facts
Every one of us got a hatred feeling towards taxi drivers. Cos they never ever obey traffic laws. Think about that feeling when a taxi nonchalant passes you at a red robot on the left, pull off before the light goes green just to stop to pick up a fat mama 20 m further and keeping you up. In our books, taxi drivers are scum and blah blah blah. Whatever the hatred is is not the point now. The point is we hate them cos of their driving habits. We feel farkall for them.

Do you realise that we do the same on our bikes? We create hate among car drivers.  

I will tell of an incident fresh in my memory.

Yesterday around 10:30. Roadwork’s closed the N1 north of the Rivonia off ramp to put up a big overhead road sign. They used 3 trucks to block off the road and a big crane to lift up the sign. Traffic was light. I was 3 cars from the front. Patiently waiting for them to finish their work. Like all the other cars. Aha, here come the bikers coming from the toy run. Think bike stickers black top boxes. 3 12GSA’s. No you did not obey the rules. You did not give a fuck. One of you with the twin acro pipes simply rode up the embankment, through workers, other one of you ignored the workers signs and simply found a hole big enough to slip through right under the crane lifting the sign. And the third one got very pissed when the forman stood in front of you. Body language tells a lot. And now you wonder why the driver in the car behind me said. “Fucking idiot”. The road was only closed for 10 minutes. No you could not wait cos you think you are god’s gift. Ditto the oke on the TDM, Transalp and 950SE.

And now we cry foul when a car driver feels farkall.