Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: SA, Nam, Botswana - weather in May  (Read 428 times)

Offline bladerunner

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
SA, Nam, Botswana - weather in May
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:30:47 pm »
Dear Experts!

I should be grateful for your advice/opinion as to the likely weather for a trip East to West under Lesotho from Durbs, then up through Namibia and across Botswana in May.

I live in Wales, so I'm no cissie re weather, but would welcome general thoughts so I know what to pack and bring with me!

Thanks in advance
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my uncle. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers!

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
Re: SA, Nam, Botswana - weather in May
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:39:40 pm »
Dear Experts!

I should be grateful for your advice/opinion as to the likely weather for a trip East to West under Lesotho from Durbs, then up through Namibia and across Botswana in May.

I live in Wales, so I'm no cissie re weather, but would welcome general thoughts so I know what to pack and bring with me!

Thanks in advance
may is the perfect time to travel.  only cold spot would be lesotho.

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline bladerunner

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:24:56 am »
Ta!

I was in Lesotho April 2008 ;   2'c and raining!! The South Africans apologised, but I said it was like every summer holiday I've ever taken ;-)

2 hours later in Clarens it was 32'c !!!!
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my uncle. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers!

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:49:39 pm »
Ta!

I was in Lesotho April 2008 ;   2'c and raining!! The South Africans apologised, but I said it was like every summer holiday I've ever taken ;-)

2 hours later in Clarens it was 32'c !!!!
yes, the weather is always strange around mountains...

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Nuzz

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 07:35:54 am »
Hi Bladerunner,

The weather should be good, Nam should be a lot cooler than it is now. I rode from Joburg to Swakopmund and then down to Cape Town over Christmas, the hottest day we experienced was at Sesriem in Nam with 45deg celcius so not too bad the rest of the time it was around 35....

Enjoy, its a trip well worth taking.

Nuzz