Riding the Old Out and the New In---

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
                                               A little Piece of Heaven –

The Best made Plans of Mice and men ---or woman –never seem to work out like we
Planned them to---.

Never the less my Planned Trip ended up with a few surprises and when I look back –
Well they could not have worked out better even if I had spent months planning myself.

My Solo Trip only ended up a few days Solo-- as i met up with a friend who was in the area and had a few days available to ride --- after that i was solo again ---

So –Let the Journey begin—

Decided to trailer my bike 4 hours east from home –carry enough spares in case of an emergency fortunately none was required.
What was planned to be a –Cover the Universe Solo in 10 day’s ended up as a –

Ride Slower –stop more take in the Scenery and make memories that will last till I breathe my last breath.

This is the scene that greeted my on my arrival – I just knew it would be a time to remember the past and plan ahead for the future and be in touch with the beauty of Nature that is all around us.

The rising sun
age old
yet new and inspiring
lighting up the world
with its soft pink rays;
just watching the familiar hues
dance on the still water
I return to emotions
that never truly left.
Just as the sun sets
it rises again
wide arms embracing a new day.

The Tipee I slept in –

The --Ablutions and the Toilet -- DON'T Even ask  ???

Day one i had decided to look for a way into Crocodile Gorge--- Why --Because i have often looked at the area and new that it would be awesome --
After two no-go attempts to cross the heavy flowing crocodile river that is very doable when dry i was about to give up when i saw a feint trail lead off in another direction ---into a little piece of heaven once i had entered the overgrown bush and a track lay before me--

How often we just rush along --because time -that was created for man does not allow us to just sit back --take the time to dip our feet into cool running water or just look as water cascades over rocks finding its way into the ocean many kilometers away ---

The winding track through the forrest -- wher the cool shade of the trees made one appreciate nature and all its wonders --
It felt like the trees and Rocks wanted to tell one something --about a place before time was created --

Time had moved on --and -it felt as if i had stood still while the world past me by --I told myself --pass this way again --i will. Did so a couple of times during my week ride in the area--so off again as the road ahead was calling me softly with promises of even more exciting things to come --

So the Journey begins --------- To follow-----------------