Easter Monday Quicky - Hermanus, Stanford, Napier.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uiltjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
After a pretty quiet Easter, my friend and I decided on Saturday to do a trip down to Malgas/Infanta/Witsand on Sunday, with sleepover and return Monday.

Well, we were making pizzas, having a few toots and we discussd the trip some more, and more, and more....... After way too many Bells and Jagermeisters, the trip was cancelled on Sunday.

I called on him this morning, and asked him to join me for a quick ride. We left Caledon through Shaws Pass.

Image012.jpg

Image017.jpg

Onto the gravel we went with beautiful scenery, with Babilon's Tower ahead of us, and of course the mirror shots...

Image013.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image062.jpg

And of course the backwards shots....

Image064.jpg

We stopped for a while, and our local pub/grill owners saw us, and offer us each an ice cold one....lekker plek, die platteland...

Image067.jpg

Some more scenery of the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley...

Image068.jpg

So we stopped in Hermanus, had a drink and late lunch at Cubana. We left for Stanford, had another quick drink at Hennie's Pub & Grill (Robot Bar). There, we quickly planned a route back through Salmonsdam Reserve. We took the wrong turn-off, and went past the most beautiful scenery, all the way into Napier - what an experience!

Scenes along the way...

Image071.jpg

Image076.jpg

Image077.jpg

Distance: 170km in all
Difficulty: Very easy

It is just then when you realise that we have the most fantastic roads, right here on our doorstep, we just need to get out there and ride them.

If any Wilddog would like to try them, I would be happy to them again. It is to good not to share!

PM me.

Cheers!
[/img]