Freestate fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Some planning ended up in Easter weekend with Oupa & Ouma on the farm. My brother also wanted a Lock-Right fitted to the Cruiser's front diff, and we had to make some time for riding. We left Durbs Friday morning bright and early, which worked well to miss the rush, and Piet came to the Freestate too. He was our private courier for the locker, amazing service. Better than those "Keeping Your Promises" types. He was there ahead of plan - deilvered on the farm, just as we had the centre portion out, and we could proceed with the fitting job straight away.

11.jpg

12.jpg

All went well, and Piet departed back to Pta. Highly appreciated!
We went for a short test drive, and confirmed all was 100%.

Saturday morning, we made arrangements with friend Gaukes, who was also in the area to go for a ride on the Sand river track just outside Senekal. The farmers have kwats and I can imagine that those machines must follow these slots like scalelectrix cars. It is the SAND river after all. Me on the 990, boet on the 525 and Gaukes on the 450.

20.jpg

The track crosses the river bed many times and the climbs out are quite steep with tight turns all the way.

21.jpg

An ounce of momentum is worth a pound of traction.....
22.jpg

Resting.....
23.jpg

This little outing had the effect of draining quite a bit of sweat, and it was not many km's! We now needed some more fun, and after some deliberation, we were on our way to friend Jan, near Fouriesburg. Loaded the 2 plastic bikes, left the 990, and Bees took the Cruiser for some further locker testing. Ladies off to Clarens to do whatever.... :?: Offloaded the bikes at Jan's house and headed for the hills. What a great ride! I always enjoy this part of the world, there is some fast tracks, rocks, loose stuff, and technical bits. Did not take enough pics - forgot to, concentrating too hard. :shock: But these give some idea.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

We did some detours, and met the Cruiser team at the Holkrans, where they had the refreshements and fire ready. Some wors on the grid, and that scenery and some of the best riding country around - all a man needs.. :wink:

33.jpg

Lots of sandstone.
34.jpg

Found this guy, no sense of humor. In fact, we also saw a rinkhals at our farm - they tend to move around this time of the year, getting ready for a long sleep.

35.jpg

Jan's machine - worth every cent of the R 11k he paid for it at the Co-op. Bounces a bit but gets there!

36.jpg

Then back home, what a marvelous day's rding.

Sunday, we spent some family time, just riding around. These dongas make a nice MX track, and we had some good fun. Me, son Behan and brother Bees.

45.jpg

44.jpg

43.jpg

42.jpg

41.jpg

46.jpg

Behan challenged me for a "burnout competition".... :D

47.jpg

Weather picked up nicely and some rain in the evening settled the dust.

48.jpg

Really enjoyed the weekend! Thanks to all who contributed!