Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Boer's BMW Booster Thingamabob.  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Copernicus

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • Crossroads in the dirt.
Re: Boer's BMW Booster Thingamabob.
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2011, 02:02:24 pm »
So I got one from Runner today and fitted it a few minutes ago.  It's an easy affair.  :thumleft:

I took the bike for a quick spin and have to admit that it makes a difference.  I would not necessarily sing its praises to high heaven but I am convinced that it is more than a gimmick.  The power rolls on smoother and that familiar sound on the right side of pinging is gone.  Instead of the clutter the engine now roars somewhat under labour.  What used to be second gear turns in the suburbs are now easy in third.

Only problem now is that my temperature gauge on the dash shows 10 degrees under ambient!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:48:01 pm by Platbrak »
I started biking as an under achiever and it went downhill from there...

Offline TheBear

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 03:35:47 pm »

Only problem now is that my temperature gauge on the dash shows 10 degrees under ambient!  :biggrin:

You are joking, right? 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Copernicus

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2011, 11:47:39 am »

You are joking, right? 

Yes, I was joking.  Fortunately the two items don't communicate at all.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 06:22:49 am »

You are joking, right? 

Yes, I was joking.  Fortunately the two items don't communicate at all.

Thank goodness!  If you were serious I'd be slitting my wrists as Thursday, mine read 12 degrees and I was k*kking from the cold due to clever me riding in a airflow jacket.  Now, if that 12 was, in fact 22, and we can expect 0 in the next few months, you had me cringing in fear!   :biggrin:

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Copernicus

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2011, 11:58:04 am »
There are now several threads on this device here on the forum, not to mention those on other forums - on UKGSer.com the thread is longer than 40 pages  ::) .

It took me a few minutes to realise that there are actually two, slightly different, of these devices made by different munufacturers (it seems both do this somewhere out of their private garages).  Anyway, the one is called a 'Booster Plug' and the other an 'Accelerator Module' with the latter having two types, one short and one longer one with the heat sensor offset. As far as I can see (but I could be wrong) the Booster Plug was the first on the market with a brief, somewhat understated, debate between the two manufacturers' regarding whose product was best.  The major contention was the decrease in influence of the device as the ambient temperature drops (something you want).  Therefore, there was something built into the electronics of the Booster Plug that mitigates the device's influence in relation to dropping temperatures.  However, it seems as if the latest generation of Accelerator Modules do the same irrespective of the fact that they look slightly different from the Booster Plug.  The Booster Plug is also more expensive.

I have to add that I am not too worried about the difference, especially here in South Africa, since it is seldom that we have cold spells of below zero for prolonged periods.  Any views and learned opions out there?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:09:17 pm by Platbrak »

Offline Schlowy

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Leave Nothing To Chance
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2011, 03:53:34 pm »
Good Day
for the record "Schlowy Customs" is the distributor for the Acc. Module in Sa , Middle East and USA
and a part developer/tester for new products  .
i am not going to reply to the issue who was first and who is better (it will be unethical for me to do so ) i am also will not reply to the assumption that the AM is produce in somebody's garage ...
what i will say is the following
when we enter into agreement with the manufacturer on distributing its product, one of the first steps was  to test and modify the device to suite the special condition we have here (specially in the northern region) when the air is thinner (due to high altitude ) we also had to factor for the change in Temp  (from - 5c to over 38c) .
this was done for several months until we got the right "mix" for the product we are marketing now .
we also decide to import only the extended version since testing show us it work better in South Africa .

as part of our marketing program we make sure that stock and after sale service will meet EU standards as well as developing new products .

time (and clients....) show us that the "mix was right" enable clients to "pay back " their investment in the AM  in few months by fuel saving alone (not to mention the health of the engine )

we are now working together with some forum members to develop the first KTM module .
test show very good results .
you are more then welcome to ask for any additional info

Offline Copernicus

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2011, 04:29:34 pm »
Apologies, Schlowy.  I did not mean to ridicule the products. I have one of yours that I got from Runner.  I am also delighted to hear about the R&D that you guys put into your products  :thumleft:

Point is there are two types of these products that do the same thing, or essentially the same thing, and therefore there is a choice out there in the market place.  I think this forum is firstly a place where members exchange information about nearly everything and  only then is it an online shop.  I think it is fair to allow someone the enquire, or reseach, which product is best before you buy.  And by the way, I am happy with my purchase which is one of yours.

Also, many great companies started in garages, including Apple, Google, Facebook etc.  All I meant was that the product does not come off the assembly line of one of the big companies like Grunig, Motorola, Bosch, Louis Vitton, Chanel or whatever.  These are, from what I understand, true entrepeneurs serving a gap in the market.  And that I appreciate.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:23:40 pm by Platbrak »

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »
Sorry ,my reply was not intended to "sound" the way it was..
I do accept competition and agree with you that the forum is a place to show others what is there first  And then "an online shop"
Again my apology if I send the wrong massage .
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:50:57 pm by Schlowy »

Offline Copernicus

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2011, 07:01:35 pm »
 :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 09:44:32 pm »
What still amazes me is that certain bike manufacturers/distributors like "Beijing Motor Works" still deny that there are issues or problems with their bikes.

The mere testament and existence of these devices to make the engines run correctly should be enough proof that we the consumer should be given the right (as we are paying for our bikes) to setup and adjust the operation of our vehicle.

Hats off to the blokes for taking the time to develop and test these devices.........  :thumleft:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 10:11:34 pm »
hi there
the problem we have today (all over the world )is that every body wants to look more catholic "then the Pop" in one side they make the machine very lean to meet some Green issue (which I respect ) but  make you spend more fuel ! which actually harm your environment even more ....
so for them as long that the machine past those green test - F==k the environment and F==k you the client .....

look at this hybrid cars, in a test they done in "Top Gear" the BMW 330D was more fuel efficient then the Prius !!! WTF that 330D is moving extremely well ..it is a fast car .. that Prius well ..let just say that my 12 year old kid on a bicycle top better ...
and what are we going to do with the battery when it is gone ? ???
but all those fancy guys from Hollywood drive this piece of  :puke: just because it is look like they care ...

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2011, 09:46:44 am »

so for them as long that the machine past those green test - F==k the environment and F==k you the client .....

so true - and the "damage" the lean mixtures are causing is ok for them - that's future revenue for the repairs.............  my mate's 38yr old Beemer still runs like the clappers.... but I doubt the new GS's will last that long.............

by the way - all the emission's we're saving . the first bloody taxi that drives past buggers it all up!@
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2011, 09:52:06 am »
don't forget the cow's ...
they are the main reason for the Global warming ...
so in the end what is killing us is

Cow's fart .... :laughing4:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2011, 09:54:50 am »
don't forget the cow's ...
they are the main reason for the Global warming ...
so in the end what is killing us is

Cow's fart .... :laughing4:

Did you know, it is not their farts, but their burps?

Anyway, why don't you guys develop a Decelerator Module for cows?  You can save the world and make a fortune!   :ricky:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:36 am »
burps Decelerator  :pot:

wounder why nobody capture those gas's and do some good use of it.... it will burn cleaner then any fuel ....

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2011, 10:20:29 am »
where can I get my Paws on one of these today, leaving for Durbs in the morning, and would like to test it on the way to Margate.

Boer is not answering pm's.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:21:03 am by Edd »
Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2011, 10:24:57 am »
what about Conrad  ?
if he as well is not answering then you can pass at our shop tomorrow morning (it is on your way  just of the Gray Aven. off ramp from the N3), installation is 5 min ...

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2011, 10:33:12 am »
what about Conrad  ?
if he as well is not answering then you can pass at our shop tomorrow morning (it is on your way  just of the Gray Aven. off ramp from the N3), installation is 5 min ...

Thanx Schlowy, Stopping by you in the morning sounds good, please send the your address.  :thumleft:

Please also PM me the cost.
Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2011, 10:38:19 am »
PM sent

Offline BOER!

• is 'n GS neersletterende
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • What's Updog?
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2011, 11:39:05 am »
Sorry gents

I only saw the PM now, whıch was sent yesterday.  I am currently on a 4000km tour of the eastern cape, and checked ın today for the fırst tıme

Edd, ı have replıed to your pm. I am on my last leg home today, and wıll be ın Centurıon late afternoon. Sms me your cell nr and I wıll delıver to your home

Boer
My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Everybody falls off. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.