Hookwoods - Good Friday. Video included.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizz

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Meeting up with Lebowski and others today at Hookwoods in Surrey for a bit of a play.

Lebowski mentioned before the place was Championship standard..... looking at the video clip I can see why.

Seems there are more tame places to go as well on site, so I guess thats where I will be found

Video shows a bit of madness by much more proficient youngsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsXGFFGzpTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdCPJgxsKA0

More good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNXUWovXqjc

Right, here I am again.
Had about 90% of this entry done last night at 11.30 when we had a power failure. So here goes again.

I nicked Nicola's car to tow the trailer yesterday as she had given me both Friday and Monday off to go out and ride with Lebowski, Steve and Pete.
They were camping with assorted dogs and wives etc, but I was going to be in bed last night.

Waiting at the services, I parked up nice and straight, the little Peugeot 1007 diesel tows beautifully.

P1010660.jpg

We met up at Clackett Lane Services, had some McD's refreshments and then set off for Hook Woods, which is about 60miles or 100km from home.

When we got there I joined the club for £10 and paid my £15 day fee to ride and use the whole place all day, keep in mind I left early just before 6pm, so the other guys could have had another 2 hours riding.

P1010666.jpg

Something for the more sensitive and sensible amongst us.

Bluebells were abundant in the woods and I did try to miss them wherever I could.

P1010671.jpg

Hookwoods caters for pretty much every level.
I also have to say that the Porta Loo's I used were clean, so taking your lady out for the day could be considdered.

Jim, who owns the place was helpfull, and I suspect he would even have coached me if I asked. Fortunately I had both Jon and Pete to teach and encourage me.
The forst 90 minutes were spent in one area, then we had a drinking break, and off to another area where we all played according to our respective abilities.
Jon and Pete were goading each other into doing more and more complex sections, with the girls pannicking at times. (well, they were making the right concerned sounds)

Chris was waiting for his wife to get there on her Honda TransAlp, and had to look after rescue dog Delilah the Rottweiler. So I gave him the camera to just do a happy snapper session while walking about.

P1010677.jpg

P1010681.jpg

P1010682.jpg

P1010687.jpg

P1010688.jpg

Pete and Jon both have an innate ability to identify where you are screwing up or missing a trick, and were on hand often to guide me.
As the afternoon progressed I did feel more and more confident.

P1010689.jpg

Jon at this point was offering to stand against the tree, in case I overshot, which he said would not happen, with the back wheel flipping the raised front wheel down when over the treestumps.

P1010693.jpg

P1010698.jpg

How it should be done...... Pete getting it up.

P1010699.jpg

P1010701.jpg

Delilah, what a nice dog.

P1010703.jpg

Got home at 19.15 and by 19.45 I had a hot bath, followed by a lovely dinner.

Sunset was great too.

P1090283.jpg

Looking forward to Monday's Wobbler at Canada Heights.

I trust that Jon will add some pics that his missus took of the mad stuff they were doing.