Pretoria east enduro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Big thanks to HHHusky for a very entertaining ride, it certainly was nice and technical and alot of fun. Luckily we managed to stay on the bikes and in the process complete the enduro loop at Riverside Mixer. The day started at the BP in Hans Strydom. With two people this was the smallest ride I've ever been on bar riding solo offcourse. The terrain we tackled though were perfect for two or three guys as it required alot of belief in your bike and being able to squeeze your bike through the most impossible gaps with handguards scraping on trees !HHHusky led the way through to Boschkop on some nice little rocky tracks I have never been on before even though I stayed in this area for over five years.

Beautifull early morning, not to cold and no one else around what more could you ask for ?

DSCF7016copy.jpg

DSCF7017copy.jpg

Some way out on the Lynnwood road HHusky led us up this nice little climb which continued into the hills where we eventually had to turn around as the track dissapeared.

DSCF7018copy.jpg

Two Duikers ran down the trail and HHusky told me about the indeginous plants found around here. And we also discussed that it problaly won't be long before this area gets developed, sad indeed :(

DSCF7019copy.jpg

The trail barely visible but we forged on hoping to avoid hidden rocks. Man nothing beats the open veld and a dirtbike to explore them with :D

DSCF7020copy.jpg

After taking the enjoyable railway road towards PTA East we arrived at a Riverside Mixer. The guy at the counter looked a bit perplexed at two guys rocking up with bikes with indicators and headlights. And then told us about a guy who basicly wrecked his Beemer on the trail and then handed over the indemnity form, oh dear this can't be good :? The enduro loop was alot of fun and honestly both the Husky and Suzuki handled the course with relative ease.

Our first obstacle.

DSCF7021copy.jpg

Nice singletrack with nicely marked route

DSCF7022copy.jpg

Line it up and just go !

DSCF7023copy.jpg

Made it

DSCF7024copy.jpg

Time to take a break, we started talking bikes and I think the same guy passed us three times on the loop in the process :D

DSCF7025copy.jpg

DSCF7027copy.jpg

DSCF7026copy.jpg

The biggest obstacle was this climb out of the riverbed, there was no real run up and it was dang steep ! The camera does not do it justice.

DSCF7029copy.jpg

A KTM 200 came past and nearly flipped at the top but made it, then a CRF 230 and that little beastie just motored up there. Like HHusky said it's not all about the power but rather the lack of weight that gives you the edge in these conditions. I went first and made it without too much trouble, Even with 15/44 gearing the little DRZ pulls like a tractor up the hills. HHusky's exit making for a cool pic !

DSCF7028copy.jpg

It's definetly Husky ad material so here it is ....

DSCF7028_add-1.jpg

After this things flattened out and we kinda got lost not being able to see where the trail goes. We swapped bikes and I was really impressed with the 610. Excellant brakes and taller than the DRZ but lower than a XR 600. Really enjoyed the ride thanks HHHusky ! I did almost tip it over in the one rocky section due to my short legs but managed to keep it upright :oops:

Eventually we found the way back to the start and had some nice cold cokes to finish a great days riding, did not get to mount doom or the riverbed due to some time constraints but there will always be more weekends :D

DSCF7030copy.jpg