Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Garden route  (Read 591 times)

Offline aroundafrika

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Garden route
« on: May 06, 2011, 01:16:33 pm »
Hi All..planning to ride from Cape town on 14th May, 15th in Stellenbosh then the garden route to PE for 4 days then on to Kimberly for Namibia, would welcome any route suggestions and good places to night stop along the garden route.

Happy riding

Offline Andy Tastic

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Re: Garden route
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:36:31 pm »
I have just returned from a Site Inspection Trip through the Garden Route and saw quite a few neat Properties which deserve a visit.

The one, near the Storms River Village and Tsitsikamma Forest, is the Tsitsikamma Village Inn. What a little gem. Adjoining the Hotel is an "Elvis/Monroe 1950/1960's Diner, an Adventure Centre and the Hotel also has an awesome little Pub. Even if you dont stay there, at least make a plan to visit the Village. They are "Bike" friendly. In fact, I think one of the Owners might be a WD.

Another stop off is Phantom River Lodge, just outside Knysna. They have Self Catering Log Cabins, with spectacular views across the Lagoon. Nice little Restaurant, nearby, called Crab's Creek. Both have awesome settings. Owner is also a Biker.

Along Route 62, through the Karoo, visit Montagu. Visit the Dried Fruit Factory Shop for tasty treats. The Montagu Country Hotel, a restored Hotel from the Art Decor Era is good as well. The General Manager, PJ, is also a Biker.

If you know your Route and require more info, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Am going to be away from my Office until next week Thursday at the South African INDABA Travel Show but after then, I am bound to have dozens more options.

Offline Mot

• Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:50:45 pm »
Hi there,
you are very welcome in Oudtshoorn route 62.
I have a Tourenfahrer Partnerhaus, hosting lots of international bikers, globetrotting arround the world.
Lots of bikers rest at our place, we as bikers care for bikers

Reinhold
www.Mot-oudtshoorn.com

Spass mit Classic BMW

Offline aroundafrika

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 11:35:05 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, will happily return the favors should you find yourselves in Ireland one day! We are new to SA, have no plans other than see as do as much as possible of the infamous route in the 4 days we have available, I believe the route starts at Mossel Bay and ends at Port Alfred, would that be correct? is it costal and where does the 62 fit into the trip.

Thanks and happy riding

Offline GRASSHOPER

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »
Hi
There is a nice 2 bed cottage with lock up garage in Sedgefield The owner is also a biker. He charges R100 P/p. His phone  number is 0834065757.
Good luck

Offline Pumba XT

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:50:31 pm »
Hi

Route 62 stretches from Montagu until the Langkloof.  The route is very popular amongst bikers.  Highly recommendable.
If you want to experience the Garden Route and not go throug Baviaanskloof to PE, you can turn of in Oudtshoorn to George.  Then follow the Garden Route until Plettenberg Bay and on to PE.

There is a lot of gravel roads if you want to ride them as well, but the tar roads are jut as scenic and beautiful roads to travel on.

Feel free to contact me if you have any queries.

Have a safe trip and enjoy
always standing up, but never standing back for a challenge!