Accident with my KLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
End of March I had an accident on my KLR 650 at the Western Cape WD Bash in Tankwa Karoo. PistonPete and Mass kept it updated  on forum when I was in the hospital.
I was 5 days in ICU and at in the end 2 weeks in the hospital. My left leg was broken the hip was and is still broken.
Today I went to the doctor after having some weird feeling around the place the leg broke. I asked him how long I will be using the "krukke" and the answer was a minimum of 6 months. After 6 months I will still not be able to walk normally. I need a year to get the leg good and strong again.

I still can not remember what happened. I just know I came around a curve and the next thing I was lying on my back, tried to get up but had a jelly leg. 12 hours later (and on a high of morphine) the ambulance dropped me off at Worcester Medi-Clinic.

Luck was definitely on my side. Today in the same hospital another biker broke his legs in 13 pieces. I could not visit the guy and do not know his name but it also happened in the Tankwa.

Pictures will send over the weekend.

Drive safely guys