Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM GROUP RIDES IN CAPE TOWN AREA, ANY INFO PLEASE?  (Read 506 times)

Offline E-Maxx

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Sand Survivor
KTM GROUP RIDES IN CAPE TOWN AREA, ANY INFO PLEASE?
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:02:53 pm »
Hello fellow dustmunchers:

I've recently acquired a KTM 950 SE and am keen to partake in any KTM group rides (or just any rides that include KTMs for that matter).

Not sure if there is a place on this site where upcoming rides are posted?

Hope to hear from someone soon...

BTW, I stay in the Melkbos area of Cape town.

Ciao for now!
"Good Judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately experience usually comes from Bad Judgement."
- Charley Boorman

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:13:11 am »
Check under 'Planning a ride/tour'. Do you only want to ride with KTMs or are other bikes allowed as well? :D  :D
You will find quite a few guys in CT who ride KTMs, but there are also a lot of KLR and GS guys there too.
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:21:55 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Nice bike!

As Adv said.

Waiting for KTM only rides or rides that include other KTM's will limit your choices and enjoyment. The members here ride every weekend. Any bike welcome.

The KTM brigade seems to be bigger down in Capie land than up here though, so the odds are that there would be a KTM in rides most of the times.

:D

Up here the verraaiers are growing. Odds that at least one KTM joins in a ride are growing. :shock:  :twisted:  :lol:

Enjoy the forum and show us some pics of your bike. 8)
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline E-Maxx

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Sand Survivor
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:44:29 am »
Quote from: "Adventurer"
Check under 'Planning a ride/tour'. Do you only want to ride with KTMs or are other bikes allowed as well? :D  :D
You will find quite a few guys in CT who ride KTMs, but there are also a lot of KLR and GS guys there too.

Not at all, I just figured the GS guys probably do a lot of BMW club rides which I assume are for Beemers only but I don't mind who are what bikes rides with me. I do occasionally ride with a group of KLR riders already but it's mostly dirt highways and I'd also like to try some more technical stuff which I figured some of the KTM guys might be more into.

Cheers.
"Good Judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately experience usually comes from Bad Judgement."
- Charley Boorman

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 10:37:36 am »
Hi E-Maxx, we met yesterday at the petrol station in town.

go check this tread out,
 http://wilddogtours.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7014

If you fell like getting wet and dirty and cold......join us.

GO GIRL

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:17:25 am »
8) Like the idea of getting together for rides on the dirt whether they are with katooms, beemers stroms etc. Also stay in the Tableview area, keep me posted. will check out ride reports. In mean time grabbin every opportunity to ride with the Gauties while im here (PTA) :D  :D  :D

Offline Davie_sprocket

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Parklands/Tableview (Home of Doodles)
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:00:33 am »
Hi E

Tableview is full of Katooms. Join us at Doodles any time to meet up with us. On this site there is Mark Hardy, Clockwork orange, myself, Mad Al um um um um ok need help here. Lurkers include kevin, Rob and and and.

All a good bunch of guys and we get away often. We seldom post our upcoming rides on the forum as we never ghave a problem of getting numbers together for a ride.
No bike currently - only pedal variety Merida Transmission 3000D mountain bike