85 Inaugural ride, etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
So I was up early this morning for a ride with the 525.  We did a nice technical loop, some great riding.  No pics however, no space for the camera in my crashing gear....  >:D.  Did some nice hillclimbs, rocks, sand, sugarcane, scenery and arrived back a bit sweaty 3 1/2 hours later.  And 40km.....

Then picked up the laaitie, who was by now like a rubber ball.  We had to go and check out the 85!!!  Right now dad!  :p  So off to the MX track up the road.  We had a technical discussion about the differences between 2T and 4T performance on the way.

Loaded up and off we go.
HPIM4036.jpg

Feeling out the new machine.  This little monster is seriously powerful for its size, and some slow riding was in order for starters. 
HPIM4041.jpg

But the 2T "thing" is addictive and once it was pushed into the powerband (by accident), the man was hooked.   Some enjoyable riding followed, it is amazing how fast the youngsters can adapt.
HPIM4044.jpg

HPIM4045.jpg

HPIM4049.jpg

And some airtime
HPIM4063.jpg

HPIM4062.jpg

HPIM4061.jpg

And the owner is still over the moon.   He is just so chuffed, and it is gratifying to see how much he enjoys the riding.  Much better than a shopping mall or playstation in my book...  ;D

HPIM4064.jpg

I am impressed with the smooth power delivery and suspension mainly - well built little bike.  Looking forward to all the rides we are going to do together in future!   :)  And greateful for the opportunity!