Jennifer's Makeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kneeslider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Please disregard if the timeline does not make any sense, I started this build last year, and it is a copy and paste from another site just to bring it up to speed....

Hi all, right, so enough was enough, today it was warm enough to rescue my beloved GS, Jennifer from the back of the garage where she has been hibernating and gathering dust for the last five or six years, looking pretty forlorn and forgotten.
It is time for the much threatend and looong overdue rebuild, from the ground up to begin.
Garage was cleaned out to make working space, tools were opened and surgery began.
This is going to be a rebuild from the bare frame up, Jennifer is an '81 GS1000G, original colours were black with red and burnt orange, she is going to be rebuilt back to original condition and colour scheme, except for a few very minor details that will change just to enhance her cometic appearance.
I know that I am definitely going to be married to her forever once she is done, because this rebuild will require me to way over capitalise in her, I will never get my money back in a month of sundays.
But that is cool and I accept that, it is not about resale, if I want an investment, I will buy gold, this is about me being passionate about the GS series motorcycles that have served me so well during my last 30 years riding them, and keeping as many on the road as I can.
So, spent the day stripping and five hours later, Jennifer is now down to rolling chassis.

I know, I know, "we like photos" sorry but my camera went on strike, so as soon as I get the pics downloaded off my phone I will post them.
Just a word of warning, this is going to be a looooong rebuild, as I can only progress as I get spare cash, which is scarce right now, and I am not cutting any corners.................watch this space.

As promised, here are some "before" pics, as you can see, she is showing her milage, but will hopefully be factory mint condition when she is done.

So this is what we start with, looking pretty forelorn
1171010.jpg

1171016.jpg

1171012.jpg

More detail as I strip her down
1171022.jpg

1171020.jpg

1171021.jpg

1171016.jpg

1171011.jpg

117108.jpg

117105.jpg