Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: "Power Commanders" for R1200GS/GSA  (Read 6614 times)

Offline jacquesnaude

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: "Power Commanders" for R1200GS/GSA
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 06:13:25 pm »
My problems are not solved yet.
I fitted the Power Commander 5 to the GSA and it made no difference whatsoever.
I am running out of options and I dont know what more I can do to fix it.
I think it is time to get rid of the BMW.

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 06:47:41 pm »
My problems are not solved yet.
I fitted the Power Commander 5 to the GSA and it made no difference whatsoever.
I am running out of options and I dont know what more I can do to fix it.
I think it is time to get rid of the BMW.

Jacques - What is your problem again?

Who fitted the unit for you?

Did you take the bike to the dyno?

Gee die storie dat iemand jou kan adviseer...

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 07:57:08 pm »
I have just re-read your earlier post. I believe that there is an underlying base probem that needs sorting an that no PC is going to fix it. A PC is like the cherry on top that just tweaks everything to ultimate perfection. Your bike if set up right should not give the issues you refer to. I see your location on your profile says EC but you say you are in KZN? Has the bike been to the agents to been plugged into the diagnostic and had the base mapping reset completely? There is someting wrong - the lamda sensor maybe? But really these are great bikes and solid engines = I wish you can get it sorted and experience the pleasures of your bike.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline JVR

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 08:02:20 pm »
Agree with Big DoM.I'm on the Highveld,just fitted a AM and can lit up the back on demand.
Life's not short,it is the longest thing you'll ever do.

Offline BlingKing

• Don't just fix it - BLING IT!
  • Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »
I required about the Wunderlich Performance Controller at one of the big BMW dealers in the UK and this is what they replied to.

Part number 8530120, Performance Controller, is for use on bikes upto 2007 and only for sport use. Wunderlich do the performance controller to use on 2008 and 2009 bikes but do not have one listed for 2010 onwards (twin cam) bikes at present. Sorry.
Thanks for your enquiry.
Kind regards
Sarah Wildin
Parts Advisor
Rainbow Motorcycles Ltd
Alma Road
Rotherham
S60 2HZ

It makes me wonder why our 'importer' did not mention this.

Aahhhh kind Sir, the answer is very simple to that question, because it's BS! Wunderlich do one for the new twincam motor and I have supplied a few already.
Thanks for the faith and assuming that everyone overseas knows more than us lowly doff souff effrecan okies  O0
Professionals is Suspension Matters
We Service & Repair Dual Sport & Adventure Bikes
Upgrades, Repairs & Replacements of Shocks & Forks
Importers for WILBERS Suspension AG, TFX Suspension, HAGON Shocks UK, WUNDERLICH for your BMW!
Agents for: HYPERPRO, BiTUBO, OHLINS, RACE-TECH, K-TECH

Offline jacquesnaude

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2012, 10:50:14 pm »
I have a good friend that just bought a new 1200 GS, take up this old issue with my bike with BMW Head office.
This has taken a few months to get a respond, but after a call from some one at customer service in Pretoria, I was asked to take the bike back to the dealer in Durban.
They will now test the bike and establish if there is a problem and how to deal with it.
I have all the names and e-mails available for reference but right now I am eager to see how this pans out.
I am hopefull that BMW will sort the problem out.
The bike was taken to Rider BMW in Durban on Saturday and we will see......
As I said previously, I am not going to complain anymore but I will keep you informed on the progress.

Offline White Rhino

• Save the White Rhino
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2012, 05:29:20 am »
Anybody know what the effect and benefits to fitting a PC to the F800GS?
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2012, 08:00:40 am »

Will let you know next week I am fitting one to Steens bike and we are going to do it on a dyno to get the real deal, will keep the Dawgs posted!
Importers for WILBERS Suspension AG, TFX Suspension, HAGON Shocks UK, WUNDERLICH for your BMW!

Offline Duke916

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 08:33:53 am »
Agree with Big DoM.I'm on the Highveld,just fitted a AM and can lit up the back on demand.

Had a ( free) dyno run on Sunday   :-\  Results with the AM fitted  turned out that the bike runs fine up to 140 and then starts to lean out progresively  all the way to top end   :xxbah: Maybe PC the way to go  ???
Then : RD50  550 Four  900F   CBX  CBX Prolink XL 500 XR 500  CR 450  MTX 200  916 BIP

Now :  1100RC  R100 RT    1098  RGV 250  KTM 495  R 1200GS ADV    KLR650

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 10:21:52 am »
I have a good friend that just bought a new 1200 GS, take up this old issue with my bike with BMW Head office.
This has taken a few months to get a respond, but after a call from some one at customer service in Pretoria, I was asked to take the bike back to the dealer in Durban.
They will now test the bike and establish if there is a problem and how to deal with it.
I have all the names and e-mails available for reference but right now I am eager to see how this pans out.
I am hopefull that BMW will sort the problem out.
The bike was taken to Rider BMW in Durban on Saturday and we will see......
As I said previously, I am not going to complain anymore but I will keep you informed on the progress.

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

sorry boet.........  you're going to feel as lost as a "fart in a perfume factory" .......  :biggrin:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline White Rhino

• Save the White Rhino
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:01 pm »

Will let you know next week I am fitting one to Steens bike and we are going to do it on a dyno to get the real deal, will keep the Dawgs posted!

AND .......  ???
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

AND .......  ???

It lurkith in other places Squire !!!!

Offline White Rhino

• Save the White Rhino
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2012, 06:42:39 am »
Schweet - keen to know :thumleft:

Offline Duke916

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2012, 08:07:57 am »

AND .......  ???

Are you looking for another beemer that can be fitted soonest  :mwink: Am seriously thinking the Wunderlich  way  :deal:
Then : RD50  550 Four  900F   CBX  CBX Prolink XL 500 XR 500  CR 450  MTX 200  916 BIP

Now :  1100RC  R100 RT    1098  RGV 250  KTM 495  R 1200GS ADV    KLR650

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2012, 09:32:25 am »

AND .......  ???

Lawdy - it's good that I am better with bikes than I am with a PC.......................   :spitcoffee:

It lurkith in other places Squire.........  :deal: ..................... like here!

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=99513.0

Offline Alan

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 09:06:02 am »
Hi Blingking, and others,

I've done some R&D, as well as chatted to a vendor. So although some seem open to peeps buying the PC's from Wunderlich directly, which is perfectly legal, there's another underlying issue about the device's warrantee not beeing covered by the local importer should there be a problem. Also, the amount I was quoted to get one locally, and get it fitted, and I'm assuming Dyno'd here in Cape Town is a little OTT.  :patch:
So realistically, how easy is it to DIY this device onto a Bike, and to get it to run reasonably well? Keep in mind I don't have any "issues" with how this Bike runs.. I'm simply trying to help protect what I've been told is going wrong within the motor. (2007 SOHC) version.

I'm not wanting to start a pricing war, but would like to get a device purely to help keep this investment running for another 10 plus years, without having to sell a kidney in the process. I pay for good service, but not for abuse.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Alan

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 09:58:55 am »
I have had three Wonderlick PC's on three different boxers = 1150GS, 1200GS ADV and HP2. All I fitted and tuned myself. They are essentially plug and play and easy to fit oneself. They come with base settings for the configurement of your scoot (ie standard, aftermarket exhaust and freelow airfliter, etc) = you dial these in and tweak from there according to your riding style and needs. Sure a Dyno run can fine tune it but I have never had to do one to get significant gains in performance and rideability.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 10:24:24 am »
They really are quite simple to fit and self tune.........you just put it on the bike, stand back and with your right hand in the biker salute, you say howzit my china. Then it is tuned!!!!  :thumleft:

Okay seriously, it is easy to do - in fact if you follow the link below it will take you through a demo ofexactly that:

http://www.wunderlich.de/images/Shop/Sonstiges/demo_performance_controller_ENG/demo_perfromance_controller_english.swf

Offline wrench

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: Bajaj (all models)
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »
Hi Blingking, and others,

I've done some R&D, as well as chatted to a vendor. So although some seem open to peeps buying the PC's from Wunderlich directly, which is perfectly legal, there's another underlying issue about the device's warrantee not beeing covered by the local importer should there be a problem. Also, the amount I was quoted to get one locally, and get it fitted, and I'm assuming Dyno'd here in Cape Town is a little OTT.  :patch:
So realistically, how easy is it to DIY this device onto a Bike, and to get it to run reasonably well? Keep in mind I don't have any "issues" with how this Bike runs.. I'm simply trying to help protect what I've been told is going wrong within the motor. (2007 SOHC) version.

I'm not wanting to start a pricing war, but would like to get a device purely to help keep this investment running for another 10 plus years, without having to sell a kidney in the process. I pay for good service, but not for abuse.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Alan

I think you are confusing a Dynojet Powercommander and the Wunderlich module made by Dobeck Performance, two totally different products.
My PM explains the OTT dyno rates :pot:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:34:55 pm by wrench »

Offline Cheetah

• Forum Vendor
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2012, 07:00:31 pm »
They really are quite simple to fit and self tune.........you just put it on the bike, stand back and with your right hand in the biker salute, you say howzit my china. Then it is tuned!!!!  :thumleft:

Okay seriously, it is easy to do - in fact if you follow the link below it will take you through a demo ofexactly that:

http://www.wunderlich.de/images/Shop/Sonstiges/demo_performance_controller_ENG/demo_perfromance_controller_english.swf

Hi Bling King.  Is the price still the same as in your first post ?
As a man is, so he sees.

Bikes:
BMW R 1200 GS Adv
1981 BMW Bobber