Visiting the new BMW Dealership with a new KTM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
During the week, I received an SMS invitation to come and see where the new BMW dealership in Durban is going to be.  And my good friend Piet was coming down for the long weekend, so I undertook to see what I can string together for a little ride.

My favourite dealer said it is OK to use the KTM 990 Adv demo for Piet, but when I arrived the bike was loaded on another lucky farmer's bakkie - he arrived with some money and took our weekend ride away.  But every problem has a solution, and some fast footwork ensured that a new 990 was on its way from Jhb the same evening.  Alfie and Richard pulled the stops, and Hazel paid and the show was back on the road - Thanks boys and girl!  You continue to be champions.....

So Saturday morning, Piet and I arrived, took the bike out of the box and assembled the bits and pieces, plugged in the battery, put some fuel in the tank, and fired her up with 000000km.  Made a quick plan with a number plate and off we went.  Took her home to introduce her to her older brother.

The new and the brand new:
Jul048.jpg

Then off to the Heritage Market in Old Main Road, Hillcrest where the new BMW place, called Ryder Motorad, is going to be.  The "function" was at the KEG, which is upstairs from the new premises.  We arrived and parked with all the other bikes.

Jul050.jpg

Luckily we know some of the main okes there, some of the guests accused us of gate crashing..... 

Jul051.jpg

Roger Kane-Berman, the dealer principal, and Henry & Hyla, who are also involved with the new shop showed us around, and the plans are really impressive.  The strong brand, combined with some good planning is a good recipe for success and we wish them all the best with this new venture.  Here are some of the important and no-so-important guys.....

Jul052.jpg

There is quite a bit of work to be done to get the shop kitted out and ready to trade, and things are going to happen fast according to Roger and the team.  They should be open within the next month or two.

It ended up not being a huge ride, but welcoming the new BMW dealer to town with a new KTM was just the right thing to do, and we should be able to organise some riding together once things are going here.  And we might even get a chance to ride a demo bike one day, they have been shown how things should be done.....

Thanks to Roger and Henry for the drinks and chats, we look forward to seeing your shop do well in future!

Latest posts