Acts of God

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyboy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I just want to know where I stand on this one: I parked my bike on a pavement outside of a restaurant tonight, with a demarcated bus zone in the road in front of me (which is another reason I didn't park in the road). so, while SWAMBO and I are having dinner, the waiter comes to tell me that my bike has blown over (yeah, Camps Bay,where an F800 can get blown over!) and is resting against the car now parked in the bus stop. "strange place to park a bike"says the owner of the car, while watching me pick her up, and assessing the (minimal) damage to his car. "strange place to park a car, in a bus stop"says I. Yeah, I was being flippant, but technically he is illegally parked right, regardless of "hours of operation of the bus service" (this is SA: hours of operation are between whenever and Fuck knows)? And even if not, my bike blowing over is an act of God - don't put this in R and P, please mods - and even though I gave him my details, I will be telling him ditto when he calls trying to claim money from me. Now, tell me I'm right...... :deal: