off road on the way to work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambro

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
As some of you may know i just recently joined these forums and already i am cursing them for the amount of time i stay on to them for . To make up for the time lost at work i now have chosen to commute to work on my beloved new scoot and herein lies my question .

with the roads being what they are i found it far more pleasurable to simply jump on to the dirt next to witkoppen road  and politely make my way to work in a bit of offroad terrain . Now as many of you may know  Metro police also find this stretch of road quite favourable and i am just waiting for one of them to get quite excited and pull me over .
What are the regularities regarding this and if the bike is an on/off road  machine is there any rule that we cannot exploit ?
I have no doubt that in a licence test it will specify that we cannot travel or overtake on the left of any vehicle blahblah but has any one had any experience with this and what are the consequences? I ask this as i am having way too much fun getting to work this way .and i need to weigh up the pro's vs cons  .
PS sorry i also posted a poll , please ignore