08 KLR650 Indicators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithey

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Morning Dogs, all the best for the New Year ;D

Sorry, no pre-fix pictures, i was just too pissed off to take any. Will control the anger next time.

Yesterday when i got home i realized that i had kicked the right back indicator off, it was hanging by the electrical wires. I think i done it when leaving the local shops in the afternoon. I was more interested making sure the plastic bag with milk and cold drink did not bump the fairing instead of watching my right leg mount the bike.

I took the right back hand grip off the bike so i could get behind the indicator. I applied super glue to the torn rubber, both sides. Applied pressure for about 5 minutes. It did not take. The indicator just fell away from the hand rail and the inside rubber. Eeeiish.

I then rememberd something from my printer repair days of long ago. Baking Soda / KoekSoda and super glue forms a very hard plastic shell. Needed to try something as the local Kawa dealer only opens on Monday.

Apply the superglue - a fair amount. Make sure the indicator is in the correct position and lightly sprinkle the baking soda over the super glue. Blow away the excess powder and apply a thin line of glue round the area again. It hardens almost immedeatly.

Im not sure how long this will last, but it got me to work this morning and will hopefully make it to Monday untill i can get a replacement. 

Attachments

• Indicator1.jpg
    Indicator1.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Indicator2.jpg
    Indicator2.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 275