1 or 2 F800 Q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvage

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi Guys

Please can somebody advise , I have been through the tech section but dont find all I'm looking for.
I have been loaned a 2010 and the owner is not around to answer some questions I have

1)ABS - how does one turn this off - I am aware from the tech sect. that you can pull the plug from under the seat but how does one do it from the controls, not my bike so dont want to do this

2)RPM vs Speed - just knowing the owner I am assuming  that std sprocket ratios are been used , 120kph @5.5rpm , is this correct?

3)OIL level - on centre stand ,level etc etc , does one measure from top of thread or home position? I see one comment that says top of thread - is this correct?

4)Fuel gauge- am aware from forum that these do play around , got it on virtual empty and gauge showed same , am on about half a tank and gauge showing full however range counter does drop , is this common or will it suddenly drop after a few km's?

5)Clock - I can get to change the hour value but how does one get to change the minutes?

6)Handling- got a bit of shake @120 on freeway , got tkc80 on the front/back , I dont know the TKC range and if its the tyres or headset needs to be checked , any suggestions as I am unfamiliar with the bike and have only ridden it a bit this weekend

Am using it to the roof this year so wish to sort out any niggles first , must say its awesome to have a bike with almost as much power as the KLR  ;D - hopefully a late entry to the bash as well