• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1080p full HD action camera - early Xmas present

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
I have been in contact with a company in China that produces action camers. Their latest model uses the Amberella A5s chipset (the same as used in the GoPro). The specs on the camera are as follows:
Features of 1080P Sports Camera
► A must for drivers,hardcore skaters, motorcyclists, bikers, base jumpers, snowboarders and etc
► Stunning water-proofing feature enable device to deliver good job in any condition
► Full HD 1080P Resolution clear digital video recording
► Loop recording helps to keep the usable files only and avoid unnecessary keeping of large data
► Real Time & Date stamping on video and snapshot pictures make evidence traceable
► Built in MIC can recording your shriek and others applause clearly
► Multiple feature brackets suits for recording under different occasions
► Motion detection save battery and storge if no object is moving
► Easy and convenient installation on your private car , bicykle or motobike
Specifications of 1080P Sports Camera Sharktale
Sensor: 1/2.5″ HD 5mega pixels CMOS, 2.2µm-sized pixels
Image Size: 16M 4608*3456; 12M 4000*3000; 8M 3200*2400; 5M 2592*1944; 3M 2048*1536
Resolution: Full HD 30fps/25fps (1920*1080), 720p 60fps/50fps/30fps/25fps (1280*720), WVGA 60fps/30fps (848*480)
Lens: 170 degree under 720P/WVGA, 142 degree under 1080P mode
Aperture: f/2.8 (high performance in low-light situations)
Zoom: 4* digital zoom (under 720P and WVGA mode)
Screen: Screen : 1.5" inch TFT Screen
Video output: PAL/NTSC/HDMI output
Port: USB 2.0 port/ TV OUT/HDMI
Audio: Built-in microphone/External microphone/speaker
Storage: Built-in 64M , support SDHC high speed card (up to 32G)
File format: JPEG/MOV
Waterproof: 5 meters deep waterproof design
Power: Rechargeable Lion battery 3.7V/1800 mAh
Accessories: TV/USB/HDMI cables,Microphone,Battery, AC Charger,Car charger,User Manual,Suction cup bracket,Handlebar grip,Multi-use bracketShort/Long Velcro strap,Base bracket Rubber strap,Velcro
Color: Matt Black/Yellow

The company has offered the items at a price of $160.00 per unit for a minimum order of 10 units. The price includes shipping to myself here in SA, but it excludes any customs and VAT; I would estimate the total price to be around R1750.00 (dependent on exchange rate and customs) to my door. Any additional delivery charges would be for the purchasor.
The question is, who would like to buy one in order for me to place an order for 10 or more units?

Techmoan did a review of this camera here:
www.techmoan.com/blog/2012/7/15/xdreme-camera-review.html

For those that would like to place an order, please list your nick here and the area in which you live. Items are for collection in Benoni or Midrand by arrangement. Items delivered to other areas of SA will be delivered at an additional delivery cost to the purchaser.
-
-
-

Attachments

• action cam.jpg
    action cam.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 380
  • action cam2.jpg
    action cam2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 382
  • action cam3.jpg
    action cam3.jpg