1100 GS just cuts out. Any advise please?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
I serviced my bike on the weekend.

Replaced:
oil
oilfiter
sparkplugs
fuelfilter
altenator belt

Did a 50 kilometer test ride and all OK. Yesterday I did 400km no problem. This morning I started the bike and about 1.5 km later after pulling off from a T- junktion the bike just died. Tried to start again but nothing. The engin is cranking but not starting.
Put it on the trailer got home and checked for spark, nothing. took one of the injectors out and cranked the motor. Initially nothing and then little bits of fuel and then the bike started idling on one piston. Put the injector back, started it. a Little bit of hoes and proes and then idled normal. Gave it a few revs and it sounded sweet. switched it off put my helmet and gloves on got on the bike tried to start , and nothing.
Took injector out again, cranked the motor and it was squirting lekka and the bike sommer starts ,running on the one cylinder. Put all back together and took off. Drove 10 km to filling station and the bike behaves normal. Refueled, started the bike and while waiting for my change the bike died and would not start again. Took injector out and no fuel when cranking the motor. Missus fetched me with the trailer. Got home, cranked the motor, en daar start hy as if nothing wrong.

It is almost as if it only happens when the bike is warm, I am thinking that it may be the hall sensor but do not have a clue where else to look.

Any advise will be appreciated.