1200GS and Off-Road Boots advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ok… so here is the thing.

I ride a 1200GS (not Adventure), and recently bought an awesome pair of off-road boots, for their obvious levels of better protection vs normal road boots, and for the fact that I want to seriously start playing in the "adventure" arena. Now, with the increased protection, there is a significant reduction in the available ankle movement…

This results in a situation where I can’t get the toe of the boot under the gear-shift, and also means that the foot-brake lever is in a weird position relative to the foot (keeping in mind that the foot-brake is important while going off-road). So I need some advice on how to make provision or corrections for this.
The way I see it, I have the following options:

1)Get some upgraded “equipment” for the bike (after-market Gear-Shift etc), so that I can adjust these according to the footwear being utilized. If so… any suggestions what I should be looking for here?

2)Adjust my riding style to compensate for the differences? Who would be able to provide direction here?

3)Or a combination of the above?
Anyone got some advice here?

TIA