• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1976 BMW R60/6 for sale ---Sold for R22,500---

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolf

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Afternoon dogs

I decided to sell my 1976 BMW R60/6.

It has papers and is fully licensed. Also in full running condition and everything is working.

Extra's:
Full touring fairing (very ugly looking thing)
Full pannier set (2 side panniers)
Full crashbars (front and back)

All of the extra's are obviously not fitted and if needed I can pack it out and take pictures of it as well.

Bike details:
R60/6. Means 600cc
White
Good working condition albeit a bit slow in terms of modern bikes.
Matching numbers bike.. :thumleft:

Kilo's:
Well, the odo says 54,000km and according to the previous owner it's correct. And although the bike sounds very healthy, I can't confirm if it's indeed the kilo's on the bike and not 154,000km or even 254,000km. But as said the bike is very healthy and it seems that is hasn't been opened before.

Problems:
Light can be switched on or off while the key is not in the ignition and in the off position. So obviously only small wiring issue. This is now fixed.. :thumleft:
Bike needs some tuning to run perfect.
Little bit of oil sweating on the sump gasket and push rod seals (not a big issue, no oil dripping.)
Has some frame paint damage due to crash bars.

Reason for sale:
Bought my wife a big present for her birthday which was this passed Friday (so a bit low on cash flow). Last picture below is of her birthday present.

Price:
R22,000

Terms and condtions:
Groenie has first option because he saw the bike when I sold a wood planer and he came to view the planer. He said he wants to buy the bike and I gave him first option for the price that we agreed on. Groenie, if you are not interested, please let me know. Groenie said he is not taking it... :thumleft:

Bike is in Pta.

PICTURES TO FOLLOW.