• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2001 BMW R1150GS For Sale - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machiel

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I had a very bad crash while training for the Sea2Ski and shattered my Tibia into 13 pieces.  Two steel plates, 29 screws and 3 months on crutches I'm almost mobile again but my leg will take a long time to be strong enough to ride on 2 wheels, the doc reckons about 18 months.  So it is with a very sad heart that I have decided to sell my bikes.

My father in law bought this bike new and put 32'750km on it in 13 years.  I am the second owner and this bike was meticulously maintained by both of us.  I took it to Mark Dickinson for a major service when I got it and it had another service with him less than 500km ago and he fitted new tyres front and back and a new battery.  It has a Bridgestone Trail Wing front and Bridgestone Battle Wing rear. It is standing on 43'588km now.

I paid 50k for it and spent another 5k on accessories like crashbars, wide footpegs, rear rack support brackets.  The tyres and battery was another 3.5k.  The two services at Mark also cost quite a bit so I would like to get R55'000 for it.

Follow this link for pictures of the bike:  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=160994.msg3043294#msg3043294
I will post some pics here later in the week.