• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2001 or 2003 F650GS for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Bit of a history to the sale, so bear with me.

I own a 2003 650GS which I brought over from England with me last year. I then convinced some non-biking mates to do a trip to Zim an Botswana. As a result, my mate (Rowan) bought a 2001 650GS with LOW mileage (15500km and 1 owner since new) last March. We then did the trip in September and my cousin (Shaun) got all enthusiastic about a bike trip to Lesotho and as he considered it cheaper to buy my mate's bike then sell it after the ride at a small loss, he financed the purchase of Rowan's bike. (Shaun lives in the UK, the bike is in my name).

I now have 2 GS' sitting in my garage and as both are great bikes, I don't mind selling either.

My bike is a 2003 Black 650GS (the one in the background) with 29500 miles on the clock and has full service history to 2011 when I started servicing it myself. Extras include HID (xenon) lights, heated grips, BMW top box, BMW Panniers (I bought them 2nd hand in their current condition: VERY bruised and battered, but functional), Dakar Screen, hand protectors, 12V charging socket, 17t front sprocket (16t available as well), external tool box (on engine bars) and engine bars. The bike has an electronic Scotoiler on it currently, but that is excluded from the sale as is the standard seat!

Price: R45,000 or nearest reasonable cash offer. It even comes with a WD sticker  :mwink:

The 2001 GS has a recent RWC,only 21000KM on the clock, lowered seat, heated grips, hand protector, extended screen and comes with Givi panniers. Rowan bought the bike from the original owner, but there is no service history other than the services he did just before the ZIMBOT trip and his sale to me.

Price R39,500 o.v.n.c.o

More pics are available on request as they are too large to post here.

Attachments

• P1010125.JPG
    P1010125.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 97