• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 GS 1200 for sale - *update*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistol

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
So it is time to sell “old faithfull” My 2004 GS 1200 68 000km. - 70K service being done ***done***

Want to try and sell it all together, but might keep the panniers and a few others that I move over if the money is not there. Will try and list all the extras fitted:

TT Adventure nose piece
TT Headlight grill guard, with orange cover
TT Wide side stand
TT Dash mounting plate
TT Extended bash plate
Various oil protectors
CAT removed (Beemerman)

Spot lights
Upper and Lower crash bars
Handle bar risers
Eatra wide footpegs, brake pedal and gear lever

Additional 12v socket on dash
GSA 33L tank fitted with all decals panel etc
Wavy front disk

Aerotrim screen extension
Crash bar mounted bags X 2
ETrax GPS – older model – RAM mount not included, but all cables are there. See pics - one that is separate on the tank.

Think that is about it – three problems – the LCD display is very erratic – has been like that for 2 years, and does not affect anything, other that you cannot always see what is on the display – have been to BMW, and they want to replace the unit, but I could not justify the cost. Cannot remember what it was, but it still works occasionally, so somebody with a bit of know-how can fix it I am sure! I just go on the GPS distance, and know that when the reserve light comes on for fuel, I still have 280KM to go!!!!!Same goes for the RHS heated grip – I must have clipped a wire when putting on the centre bar, so only the LHS works!! There is also a small dent on the one front header pipe - see pic! Been dropped in sand on the beach in Moz plenty of times, so a few scratches here and there, but no big accidents at all. Took me to Malawi and back in 2010, and I would hop on it and go again tomorrow without hesitation. Beemerman has done a service on the bike before I went to Malawi at 40000km, and all other services can be confirmed with my local mechanic – every 10 000km. I am the second owner, and had it from around 15 000km. Adventurer has helped with all the mods added to the bike, so was in good hands – I might have forgotten some of the things he added.

2004 BMW GS trade R 57 700.00 and retail R 65 300.00 as per Mikedabike, thank you.

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,981
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,986
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,988
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg