• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650 for sale - pack and go SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Boy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Ok, so its time to sell my first bike, so this is not easy.
It was not a midlife crisis purchase but rather a 'always wanted a bike and now Im divorced, I can do what I like' purchase. This bike has taking me to many good places both on tar, on dirt and in my head. It saw me through a mucky 5 year separation culminating in a divorce. It took me to a happy place when needing to deal with my sons death. I have joined a group of great, like minded people and fortunately met many of them. It has also projectiled me into a world of adventure like I never imagined. I have since bought a bigger bike for touring two up in comfort plus my forthcoming plans might mean a change of location.

I would like to sell my bike as a damn good, reliable bike ready to be packed and taken on its next adventure, because that's what it is.

So, whats the spec

2004 Fugly model. Previous owner had from new and sold to me with 50k km. He used it for commuting to work come rain of shine but never rode dirt. He maintained it well. I knew the gent from work and he sold it to leave for overseas. It was pretty standard when I bought it. Not so much now. Any WD's that have met me and the bike will attest to it being one of the cleanest and non pink plastics, KLR out there.

Current km's : 74200
Doo Hickey and new clutch plates done by DOC KLR. Must have been at about 60k km, will check
Stainless Steel braided brake lines
Barkbuster hand protection.
Custom made crashbars
Steel sump bash plate (really tough) from DOC KLR
Off road front foot pegs
Modified exhaust. It is the original exhaust. the spark arrestor thingy inside rusted and broke off causing hot fumes to come out at an angle and started to melt the plastics. I had the end cut off, removed rusty bits and a stainless tailpiece welded on. It now sounds much better and doesn't have the annoying chirp like the OE exhaust.
Rear panniers frames
2 x Oxford pannier bags with all attaching stretchies and straps and waterproof covers.
Waterproof topbox - small. Similar to a Pelican case
2 x Tool tubes that cant be opened without first unlocking  the top box
Cigarette and USB charging port with waterproof cover (see photo 9)
Reconditioned rear shock with new Heavy Duty spring

Also with sale, all the original parts that I removed to put new bits on. Also a large top box (Pizza delivery type) that I think came with the bike new.

The battery must be about a year old and when not in use its on a intelligent charger.
I have just serviced the bike so new oil, spark plug, oil filter and cleaned the air filter.
All paperwork up to date and recently licensed.

Ideal bike for a first time adventurer. I don't care what anybody says, they might not be pretty but they are damn good bikes.

R25 000

James

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 592
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 552
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 548