• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 Yamaha TW200 up for grabs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudge

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
I am reluctantly putting my much-loved 2005 Yamaha TW200 up for sale.

TDub%2B1.JPG

TDub%2B4.JPG

TDub%2BCockpit.JPG

PLEASE NOTE:

The bike has been standing unused (in a garage) for 8 months. It still starts very easily using the kickstart and idles 100%, but dies as soon as you open the throttle.

The lowdown:

Overall the bike is in very good, well-used condition. It is currently still licensed until end of September, and papers are in order.

Everything on the bike is still original, and only Yamaha parts used for servicing or replacement.

In 2011 I had the frame various parts and swingarm sandblasted and powdercoated and it still looks factory fresh. At the same time, each and every bearing on the bike was replaced.

Photo of sandblasted items in 2011:
TDub%2BSBlast%2B17.jpg

I have a spare original foam airfilter and an unopened original crankcase cover gasket that I will throw in mahala.

The seat was professionally reupholstered and is 100%.

TDub%2BSeat.JPG

From what I can see, the following needs to be done to get it to 100%:

- A new battery

- The carburettor either needs a proper clean, or, worst case scenario, it might need replacement.

- Front and rear tyres still fine, but will need replacing soon.

- The speedometer gear in the front hub needs to be replaced, (speedo quit at 14 445kms)

- The engine base gasket was professionally replaced, but there is still a persistent oil leak on the engine. (Not so much an oil leak, but rather oil weeping)

I cannot think of anything else offhand.

Here is the deal:

Market value for these beasties in good roadworthy condition is in the R 17 000 and upwards range.

Using that as a base figure and taking into account the parts and labour needed to get the Tdub to that condition again, I feel an asking price of R 12 000 is a fair price for the dogs.

If you have an questions, please pm me or contact me on 061 eight 63 eight 44 eight

I am situated in the Vredenburg/Paternoster area on the West Coast