• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 KTM 525 RALLYE LIGHT - 100% READY TO RALLY - JUST ADD PETROL !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
My rally bike is for sale - I spent over a 100 hours sourcing, fitting and fine tuning all the bits to build what I believe must be one of the best budget "rallye lite" setups out there.

The beauty of the 525 RFS (Racing Four Stroke) engine is its simplicity, strength and reliability. This engine features adjustable tappet style valves unlike most other engines where the camshaft must first be removed and shims used to set clearances and then camshaft refitted - setting valve clearances on a 525 is a 30 minute operation - very simple, quick and easy - this is why we chose to use these as rally bikes.

The base bike is a 2007 KTM 525 XC-W Desert racer - unlike almost all of the other 525s this bike came out standard with all wiring for lights and indicators and a 13 litre tank - and is fully roadworthy, licensed and registered.

The engine was refreshed 6 000 km ago and has a perfectly reconditioned cylinder head with Kibblewhite valves and valve springs - these valves must be made out of magic unobtanium because their clearances stay in spec.

Long list of very valuable and expensive extras

Front and rear brake disc protectors
PRO MOTO BILLET sidestand
AIRTIME footpegs
HYDE plastic bashplate
Aluminium rally bashplate with built in 2 litre water reservoir
NITHRONE custom seat - the standard seat has been widened and extra padding used and has a very grippy seat cover
ACERBIS white translucent 25 litre fuel tank - good for 450 km - awesome to be able to see how much fuel inside
ACERBIS orange translucent 13 litre fuel tank and extra seat that only fits this tank
SCOTTS steering damper on custom mount that is part of navigation tower

F2R RB730 electronic roadbook holder with thumb switch
ICO Rallye Max trip counter / speedo and Rallye Max G GPS cap repeater / speedo / trip counter
The above is all carefully and professionally wired up through a marine fuse box fitted in front of right fork behind headlight.

ACERBIS handguards and custom bar ends to absorb vibration and protect handlebars
Ceramic coated exhaust system - runs cooler and stays cleaner
Mount for Garmin Etrex GPS
Suspension completely rebuilt and fine tuned by Superfoxi for 90 kg rider
2 X extra TWIN AIR air filter
TUBLISS conversion to wheels
New MICHELIN DESERT tyres front and rear and at least 4 spare used tyres (perfect for training)
Brand new DID gold x-ring chain and sprockets (14/48 combo)
EXTREME LIGHTS LED spotlights
Spare clutch, brake, gear lever and rear brake pedal.

Very proud 18th place finisher at Amageza 2015.

I cannot see myself entering the Amageza this year (time and money do not allow) and it will be a waste to see this bike stand in the garage and that is the reason why it is up for sale.

This bike cost R100 000 to build EXCLUDING my 100 hours of labour.

My selling price is R75 000 for everything (half of this price is rally specific equipment)

Please PM me or call me on 082 520 1762.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,394
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 1,381
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG