• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 2007 R1200GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveD

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Looking for R65k, negotiable 😊

I am not yet convinced, but considering finding a new owner for my 2007 R1200GS. It will have to be someone that will look after her, she has been a faithful and trustworthy companion since early 2008.

The basics:
  • ~121k kilo’s
  • condition is good for her age but not pristine
  • usege has been mainly on tar, commuting plus a few memorable trips to many places, from Northern Natal to Cape Town
  • off-road trips were gentle, mainly hard-pack dirt roads. Nothing extreme as I don’t ride well enough for that 🥺, the most ambitious route I did was over Oubergpas near Surherland
  • I personally fetched a whole bunch of farkles from the Touratech factory in Germany, then I ordered more, then some more. It has:
    • Halogen fog lamps
    • A dimmer for the fog lamps. When headlights are dim, the fog lamps are also dimmed, they go to full power when brights are on
    • Headlight protector
    • Cockpit cover to reduce reflection from the protector
    • Front peak extension
    • GPS mounting bracket on top of instruments. Note that the Zumo 660 and Touratech mounting bracket are NOT included
    • Extended hand guards
    • Front crash bars
    • Larger front footpegs
    • Zega panniers and topbox. They are no longer 100% square nor waterproof
    • The topbox mounting bracket was welded (by me) to make it stronger. The topbox is bolted to that bracket
    • Pannier and topbox locks use the same key
    • Water bottle holder on front of pannier
    • 2x bracket holders on rear of panniers. I used them for a 2L and a 3l fuel container. The brackets and the 2l container are included, but I lost the 3l container
    • Toolbox mounted behind pannier, containing a few power points (USB, Hella) and space for a puncture repair kit or whatever you prefer. The rear poop-scoop is removed to make space for this but will be included
    • A big foot
    • 90 degree tyre valves make inflation much easier
    • Mottobat battery, just a few months old
    • Charging pigtail connector
The fuel pump was replaced under warranty in ~2014. All servicing has been done by BMW and is up to date, as is the licensing.
I am east of Pretoria, on a smallholding. No visits, prospective buyers will have to arrange a place where we can meet. PM me…….

Attachments

• IMG_6654.jpeg
    IMG_6654.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6656.jpeg
    IMG_6656.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6658.jpeg
    IMG_6658.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6659.jpeg
    IMG_6659.jpeg