• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 BMW R1200GS (2009 Spec)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF 300L
My bike is for sale:

Sorry for the bad pictures. Will add some more during the weekend if there's interest.

BMW R1200GS (Silver) - 43450km
First Registered Oct 2008 (2009 Spec)
ABS, HG, TPC, etc.
Extras included;
- Aluminium Topbox with keys
- Wide foot-pegs
- Handlebar risers
- Adventure screen with wind deflector
- Powerpoints on the handlebar, and extra one on the frame
- LED spotlights
- Two finger levers
- Headlight protector
- Bigger side-stand
- Bash plate (extended)
- Winglets (wind deflectors)
- Beak Extension
- Adventure Rims
- Handlebar bag
- Couple of protectors on some of the important bits
- Crash-bars (not fitted - read problems section)
- Original screen and bash plate included
- Orange headlight cover included
- Oxford battery charger with charge point on the frame

Both keys, "plastic key", service book and toolkit. Bike is paid, and papers are all in order.

New Michelin Anakee 3s fitted couple of weeks ago.
Last couple of services was done by the previous owner, but I had a R5000(+) service done 4 months ago at Daly BMW in Klerksdorp where they checked everything.

Reason for sale;
I'm buying a bakkie and need the cash for that. At the moment the bike's spending a lot of time parked in the garage and not doing what it's supposed to.

Problems section;
- The battery seems to be on the way out, but I leave it on the charger (which is included) so I haven't had a problem yet.
- One of the screws fixing the topbox mounting plate to the bike broke of and will have to be replaced
- Couple of screws with surface rust (the bike spent some time in PE)
- The big one: During the service mentioned above oil started leaking when the crashbars were removed. It seems that whoever fitted the crashbars used incorrect spacers or screws on the crashbars and punctured the oil casing. Needless to say I was rather annoyed. It's going to cost quite a bit to replace the casings, and I decided to rather plug the hole. That means that the crashbars can no longer be fitted, but I've ridden the bike for four months after that without any problems.

Price: R75k - Feel free to make offers or comment on the price. I'll be hanging on a bit to see what the interest is and comments are before dropping the price or replying on offers far off the asking price.

Bike's in Potch.

Riekert (riekertv[at]gmail[dot]com)