• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 KTM 690 Rally Factory Replica for Sale SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
For Sale: 2008 KTM 690 Rally Factory Replica

Now, before you ask me; “What kit is that on your 690?” Or “Why are ur 690 so expensive!?”, let me enlighten you.

This is no normal 690 enduro with a ‘rally kit’ on, this is a Factory built, Dakar racing machine. One, in only about 200 ever made worldwide, yes worldwide…
These bikes were so badass that they absolutely obliterated the competition and contributed to the yet unbroken winning spree KTM has achieved in the infamous Dakar rally. Do you want to own a piece of history? This is it.
This bike has become not only a valued collector’s item, but also a sought after adventure bike, Lyndon Poskitt recently proving that you can ride this bike around the world, and race it in various rally events on the way while you’re at it.
Still not convinced!? Have a look at this https://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/this-modified-ktm-690-rally-may-be-the-ultimate-adv-bike/
And this, https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ktm/ktm_lc4_690_rally_replica.htm

-The original engine which did the Dakar was replaced afterwards with the replacement spare RFR engine. This engine is still in top notch condition and the rocker arms have been replaced as a precaution less than 50km ago at Trax Ktm.
-Old wiring harnesses which showed wear have been replaced with original OEM ones.
-The bike was to be used for adventure riding purposes and the roadbook ,ICO’s, original switches, controls and ERTF were therefore taken off. I still have all these items, which are included.
-The original exhausts have been replaced with new Factory racing Remus exhausts with connector pipes. These pipes were specifically built for these 690RFR's by Remus to enhance their performance and are still being used on similar bikes in the current Africa Eco Race (original Dakar).
-The forks consist of Factory Cone Valving which was sourced by the original owner. This is the type of suspension the top factory riders had to their disposal.
-Hilton Hayward has done all servicing and setup of the suspension.
-Original seat, recovered with extra padding for adventure riding. Can easily be converted back to OEM.
-Will include brand new Trailtech Vapour unit, ready to be plugged in.
-All paperwork/licensing is up to date and in order.

It was previously owned by Albert Hintenaus who has completed the Dakar rally with this bike. Anybody that knows Albert, should know that he is extremely pedantic about his bikes and their setups.

Reason for sale. I just don’t get time to use this amazing bike for its intended purpose and would love to see it go to someone that will appreciate it for its awesomeness. In the 2 years or so that I've owned it, I have done only about 4000km.

I'm posting this on Wilddogs first for all the rally fanatics and will only put an ad on facebook, gumtree etc. at a later stage.

I am based in Pretoria. You can contact me, Barbara/Minxy on (082 571 1964)

Some photo’s, I'll post more over the weekend when I have time:

DSC_0964.jpg

DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0973.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

20638294_10155609360731972_7465831770027800475_n.jpg

My bike with his brother from another mother (not for sale) :p

P1020072.jpg

P1020074.jpg

P1020080.jpg

A bonus photograph of Albert Hintenaus with the bike at the 2011 Dakar Rally in South America.

1142608198_xvu_S4-_L-1.jpg