• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 KTM 250 XC-W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francois.viljoen

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR400
I severed the ligaments in my right knee (to see how check here: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=116139.0)

I won't be able to ride for a year, so regrettably I'm letting my bikes go.

The only problem with the KTM is that the gears on the electric starter has worn down to the point where it no longer reliably starts the bike, especially if it is in gear. The bike has a kick starter, so it's not really an issue.

Everything else works 100%.

I bought the bike and used it for the 2010 Roof of Africa, but I haven't raced since then and only used the bike for outrides.

I rode the bike moderately hard, but always maintained it very well (serviced every 12 to 15 hours) and always replaced anything that needed replacing. Bike was mostly serviced by Colin Stoffels from Colin's Racing while he still operated and thereafter by Eddy Vermeulen from Eddy2Race. Eddy also serviced the bike for the previous owner, while he was still working for KTM Cape Town.

I would not be selling if it was not for my injury. The bike is mechanically in a good condition.

Price

R 35000

Bike BIO

KTM 250 XC-W
Year: 2009
Odo: +- 250 hours

Upgrades and Extras

- New set of plastics (not fitted)
- New front light (not fitted)
- Radiator fan
- Bulletproof radiator braces
- Front-disc protector (sharkfin)
- Rear-disc protector (sharkfin)
- Hyde exhaust guard
- Hyde swing-arm guards
- Clutch cover guard
- Wide footpegs
- Hour meter
- Handlebar raisers
- 12v cigarette lighter socket (I used this for the GPS)
- Spare filters

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 431
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 434
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 432