• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2011 XT660Z Tenere for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyTeNeReLess

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Hello Dogs, ok so I would like to sell my bike, I need some cash. recently spent 30k on this thing to last me as I did not intend on selling it ever, but life sometimes throws you some lemons. and I'm gearing up for an expensive year, so no rush but need to get an eye on the value and demand for this should things become urgent.

I am looking I think realistically for R40-000. I have contacted we-buy-bikes etc and they have offered 22; - 28k. bladdy sharks hurt my feelings, I don't know what its actual value is. happy to learn from you guys.

the details :

2011 with 3000ks from a PE WD.
currently 65000ks
I have changed the oil,oil filter, plugs every 10-000ks
Recently rebuilt the motor, new clutch, new rings, new bearings.
newish tyres, chain, sprockets less than 1000ks
upgraded front and rear suspension - Hyper Pro
Zumo GPS bracket
bar risers, pro taper fat handle bar
yellow head light protector.
high rise mud guard.
Cowely exhaust system (wicked sound)
new gel battery
blue fork covers.
Did the air hole kevs mod on the tank. So takes a couple more litres.
have a poorer tech luggage rack that will come with (Tiger8 delux model)
emgo top box included.
tail tidy
speedo healer (played around with the sprocket configuration a while back, it is 15/46 now, so standard. will confirm)
very cool long tyre levers attached to the frame. very clever place.
license till october 2020
bush guards
custom smaller rear indicators, original were huge and kept getting melted on the cans.
I have a set of Andy660 polyurethane rubbers, just could not get them to fit properly and gave up.

honesty section:

after the rebuild, there was some gear box issues, kept popping out of higher gear, but after changing the gear lever and some mileage this has settled down and it doesn't bother me anymore (had a Yamaha original clutch installed during the rebuild and it seemed to be related to the clutch and loose gear lever, ie not engaging properly.) just need to learn be mindful of 4-5 change, but seems to becoming less of an issue. irritated me no end for ages, but that seems to be mostly due to the worn gear lever.
it has been ridden hard. 50/50 adventure and commuting. took it up the rear entry at baviaanskloof.
t boned a car, took it to yamaha for repairs, forks apparently were not bent. but something wasn't lekker, during the rebuild the yoke was found to be bent not the forks, so had that straightened out. no problem.
these rims are like cheese, so has significant scratches on the sides by using tear leavers etc. I spray them occasionally with matt spray to touch up the exposed silver making it less offensive. but other than cosmetic issue rims are ok.
countless memories so this is a reluctant sale.
little tool bag under the tank is missing.
has scratches in most places, but cleans up nice.
plastic chain guard is gone, chain came off once and took it with it. a cosmetic dent to the exhaust can.
seem to have misplaced the red key and spare, will try find it.
rev counter needle fell off the other day. not sure how to fix that, the cluster is sealed unit,

let me know what you all think, I would hate to sell it to we buy bikes at a steal.