• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2012 KTM 990R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3THRO

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
Hi All
Sadly I have to sell my 990R
Bike Details:
Model:2012 KTM 990 R (Delivered from KTM CT on 22-11-2012)
Odo reading: 28 256 km
All services stamped into the service booklet.
Original exam bag, tool kit, delivery cert, spare key, program key + card, owners manual and service manual included as I got them from KTM Cape Town on delivery.
Reason for sale: Offshore has been very slow and I need the money, the 990 is first to go as I havn’t been riding her nearly as much as I should have.
Condition: Bike is in very good condition, although she has fallen over twice she has never been in an accident or crash. Look at the pictures and make up your own mind. I only ran MOTOREX oil and it was changed on service intervals + at least once in between service intervals by myself.
Price: R100 000 (including the Garmin Zumo 350 GPS and brand new Mitas EO9 ; TKC 80 tyres) NOT NEGOTIABLE
Bike is in Yzerfontein, Western Cape

Extras:
Rottweiler air filter system + pre filter (original parts included) (KTM Twins)
Mapping done by Julian once the Rottweiler system was fitted to try and smoothe the throttle out + improve feul consumption. This 990 is fast!
Under seat cubby hole (KTM Twins)
Compressor that fits in under seat.
Scott steering Damper
SSR screw on feul caps (original parts included) (KTM Twins)
Shorty adjustable brake and clutch levers (original parts included)
Older model 690 SM mirrors (original parts included)
Bigger aluminium belly pan (original parts included)
Carbon fibre screen (original parts included)
Oberon black anodized slave cylinder (original parts included)
Big luggage plate (not sure about original plate will have a look)
Wolfman luggage rack. (Bags not included)
SW Motech crash bars
Side stand cut off bypass plug fitted (from KTM ,not home made solder job)
Side stand oversized foot print
Scorch oval cans (original parts included) (Bike is loud, as I like it)
Garmin Zumo 350 GPS
Touratech lockable GPS bracket for the Garmin Zumo 350
Note the later model of the 350 is now a Zumo 390, I believe,but I was told the bracket and charging point will work with both models. I have never had any problems with the unit that is included in the sale)
950 SE front mudguard (original white hugger included)
Black anodized footpegs. (not sure about original foot pegs will have a look)
Progressive front springs fitted. (original springs not included because I sold them)
Orange head light cover. (Siliconed in place after the Velcro tabs kept coming off)
Head light globe upgraded to a brighter globe I got from Wild@heart (original bulb is missing in action)
Nithrone ostrich skin seat cover (not sure what I did with original)
Race Star sticker kit was put on over the original R stickers early on to try and protect originals as much as possible. (Origanal stickers should still be in very good condition under the RS kit??)

I had an issue recently where the clocks would switch on and off sometimes.
I also had a small coolant leak where the hose connects to the hard piping of the radiator. I found a needle sized hole in the radiator. I collected the bike from Eddy2Race today fitted a brand new KTM radiator, the old original will be at their shop. E2R also found a loose connection on the clocks and had it soldered and all is well.
The chain tension adjustment screws got a bit sticky so I also had E2R remove them, they cleaned out the swingarms, copper slipped the threads and put back the adjustment bolts.
Otherwise I have never had any other issues with the bike. I tried to stay ahead of them by not skipping services.
As far as I know the only issues with these models were the side stand cut out switches malfunctioned sometimes and the feul filter sock inside the tank clogs up easily I therefore fit the KTM plug to by pass that cut out issue and I had Dux replace the feul filter @ +- 14000km just in case.

Hope I did not miss anything. I have 25 pics in total so I will try and reply to my post with the rest of the pics otherwise send me a mail with your details and I will fwd the lot to you.
Any questions please whatsapp me or email me @
Zero eght two 574 665 one
[email protected]

Attachments

• 2 left.jpg
    2 left.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 684
  • 3 front.JPG
    3 front.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 673
  • 4 rear.jpg
    4 rear.jpg