3 in 3 on 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boertjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I have seen 3 bikers in accidents in 3 days on 1 piece of road.  Yes, one biker died in an accident on Friday, one biker with unknown injuries, but still alive when I passed the accident and another being attended to by medics when I drove past them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week. All of this on the road between Gordon's Bay and Rooi Els. In all cases it seemed as if the bikers were riding too fast. The guy on a black Superbike on Friday seemed to get into a turn too fast and went into the wall on one of the sharp corners after Koegelberg. When I went past the spot, the SAPS were there and the rider was covered in a blanket. The bike was in a million pieces... engine, front end and rear end all seperated. No other vehicles on site. I could not identify the bike from what I saw at the scene.

On Saturday driving through, got to a point where the rider on a Suzuki Superbike was still laying in the road and in some pain, but sat up as I went past him, after he smashed into the rear of a VW Golf... probably passed just as the car also passed another car, since the impact was on the left rear end of the Golf. There were already people attending to the rider and I could add no more value.

On Sunday, a group of riders on the side of the road just after Koegelbay where a bike seemed to have run into the side of the mountain. It looked like a Harley type bike, but I am not 100% sure, since I could not see the details. At least 5 other bikes parked (mostly Harley type's) at the scene and the medics with SAPS on site attending to a rider on a stretcher before being loaded into an ambulance.  Useless to say that my wife is freaking out .

What's going in??? Have everybody gone mad? Guys and galls, it is serious, the traffic is picking up for the Christmas season and we all need to be extra careful when riding out there.

RIP unknown rider.

Strengths to the injured guys.

Be CAREFUL OUT THERE EVERYONE!!!

Latest posts