790 Air Box - Bad Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkmark

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
This is a carry on from the 790 air filter thread ....

So I got my AUS uni-filter, which I attempted to fit today (on my bike that I got only a few days ago)
I'm sorry to say that the KTM air box is one of the shitest designs I've seen. FFS, what the hell were they thinking, and how the fcuk did that get through QC ???
I seriously cant believe that this is what they came up with. there isn't even a clip to stop the whole thing popping out.
I was seriously hacked off. And then when you do inevitably get dust in there, KTM for sure won't do anything about it.
KTM should be recalling the entire airbox and actually giving us something that damn well works.
Anyways .... I greased the filter to check fit ... it doesn't seal along the top. It only seals about 2cm on the left and right of the top side. So that was a waste of money.

Besides the Rotweiler intake, is there anything else out there ?

I believe that with the std intake, there is always going to be an issue along the top edge, because its a design flaw. You may get lucky and it seal just on the small lip, but I certainly dont want to take that chance.