• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

950/990 Side Stand Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LanceSA

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Edit again. This thread dates back to 2010. Please skip to page 10 for latest updates. Thank you.

Edit - I have made another batch of 20 of which 4 are already gone. This is just to advise anyone of what comments were made before, Please skip to the end if interested in brace. Thanks

Possibly the only design flaw of the LC8 bike has is that the side stand mounts directly to the engine casing. Thus it can happen that the engine casings can be damaged if you hit a rock with the side stand or if you mount the bike standing on the pegs with the side stand down (if you're a short ass like me). A simple solution is a sidestand brace that mounts up to the original holes as well as the frame. Black Dog in the USA make one (pictured below) but shipping make it very expensive.

I had a local engineering works make me one. It fits perfectly and does the job. So while they were cutting them I got them to cut me 5 extra. On offer for R 120 each plus postage.

Anyone interested?

Attachments

• BDCW_SSMount_XL_web_LG[1].jpg
    BDCW_SSMount_XL_web_LG[1].jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 983
  • P6021143.JPG
    P6021143.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 947