990R vs 1190R help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAK

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I need opinions and advice please

Sold my 990S recently. Plan is/was to get a 990R. I know the 950/990 really well with about 60k kilometeres on them and countless hours of fidling. Although the bikes are really reliable, there's always something small that needs fixing. So ja the 990R seems like the best replacement. But.......I'd like to try something else for a change.

Then I was deadset on a 690 R with rally fairing etc. I had a Husky 610 for a while after my 950, Husky was just too much of an offroad machine and way to uncomfortable. I reckon the 610 and 690 is kind of the same bike, so maybe I should skip the 690. Also couple of guys advised me to rather buy a 990.

Now I'm thinking of buying a 1190R. Saw one the other day and  :drif: . Its almost the same price as a 990R. But I know bokkerol about the 1190. How reliable is it, how is the suspension, is it not too big???

And how is the resale value on a 1190R? I don't like to keep my bikes too long.

My riding consists of higher than legal speed on gravel road. Our roads ain't what it used to be so quite rough terrain sometimes with bottoming out etc.
Also twee spoor veldpaaie, jumping dwarswalle, nothing technical.
About 30% tar riding, long distance.

Can you guys pleaase share your experiences and give advice.

Cheers