A month of firsts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinx

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
For many of you reading this you would have looong forgotten what I am only just discovering, but boy oh boy discovering I am indeed!

So the first first was my very first bike trip away. 2 weekends ago, my Bear and I packed a bag, jumped on his bike and cruised to Dullstroom for the weekend. LOVED IT! I am such a dork lol. I started packing on the Wednesday (we left of the Saturday) and let's be honest, 2 pairs of socks, a clean pair of knickers and a clean shirt hardly constitutes packing but I was like a kid I tell you!  Biking had quelled my gypsy Heart and makes it sing!!

Now I can hear you hardened bikers rolling your eyes saying "you just hang on the back and look pretty sweetheart" but let me tell you something. I planned the trip, booked the accommodation, packed my goodies, jumped on the back and held on with all my heart. I felt the same cold as he did, the same thrill of excelleration, the same wind,saw the same scenery and just cause you are on the back certainly doesn't mean you loved it less. In fact i think I am still grinning. I loved stopping at all the little quirky spots that you wouldn't normally stop at, loved the road less travelled so to speak.

The second first was off roading holding on for dear life on the back.  We have never been off road with the two of us on the bike and this trip afforded us the perfect opportunity to try it out. I love the idea of adventure riding. Going where cars wouldn't venture, stopping to drink in out country in a way that few have an opportunity to do. The outcome..I have a lot to learn as a passenger off-road lol...it ain't as easy as it looks! But hey...challenge accepted! There is very little I'm not bok for.

The third on the list of firsts is being the proud owner of my very first bike.... A Honda XR125 (thanks to Charl from this Forum) and she is perfect for me to learn on!

And last but not least....my very first bike ride today. Granted it was a very sedate ride around our neighbourhood, but still...I'm bloody chuffed.

All I can say is ......juslike I am loving every minute of it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 456